SrilankanstoUS

CO is asking for new joint sponsor.

19 posts in this topic

Hello guys! I just need to get clarified on the email I received from the embassy below. After the interview last month I was given a 221g to submit additional documents and I submitted them the same day(relationship evidences & i864s) and after almost a month later I received the below email saying the officer needs a new joint sponsor and I would overcome this refusal finding a new one. My question is do they mean that they’re ready to grant the visa if we can find a qualifying JS? And everything else is okay to process? Such as proof of relationship and background checks..? Any opinion would be appreciated. Thanksss

33F8953D-39F3-43BD-B9F9-E9655CADB998.jpeg

1993D928-4104-43F3-ADC2-20A7638BD399.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Sounds like it

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

It means the CO wants a new joint sponsor.....nothing more.  But it sounds promising.....Good Luck.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

The yellow slip also has a check by “evidence of relationship”. Note the use of the word “evidence” not “proof”. How much evidence have you provided so far? 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

*~*~*procedural question moved from “progress reports” to “process and procedures”*~*~*

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

2 minutes ago, JFH said:

The yellow slip also has a check by “evidence of relationship”. Note the use of the word “evidence” not “proof”. How much evidence have you provided so far? 

I submitted a lot of pictures/cards/call logs/message counts/Whatsapp correspondence/joint bank accs/emails my wife ordering gifts for my parents etc. But before checking “evidence of relationship “ the CO asked me if I have relationship evidences with me at the time. Then only he checked it.

12 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

It means the CO wants a new joint sponsor.....nothing more.  But it sounds promising.....Good Luck.

Thanks a lot. Such a relief 

9 minutes ago, SrilankanstoUS said:

I submitted a lot of pictures/cards/call logs/message counts/Whatsapp correspondence/joint bank accs/emails my wife ordering gifts for my parents etc. But before checking “evidence of relationship “ the CO asked me if I have relationship evidences with me at the time. Then only he checked it.

Thanks a lot. Such a relief 

Thst evidence doesn’t amount to much. What evidence do you have of time spent together? 

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

1 minute ago, JFH said:

Thst evidence doesn’t amount to much. What evidence do you have of time spent together? 

Pictures only. 

2 minutes ago, SrilankanstoUS said:

Pictures only. 

Good luck. Do you have a new joint sponsor lined up?

Timeline in brief:

Now a US citizen!

Just now, JFH said:

Good luck. Do you have a new joint sponsor lined up?

Yess. I just found one. Preparing the documents now. Probably we will be able to submit this week.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
41 minutes ago, SrilankanstoUS said:

Pictures only. 

How much time have you been together, in person (not digitally)?  How many visits, days/weeks/months have you been in each other's presence?  They are asking for more evidence of your bona fide marriage relationship by checking the box on the 221(g) stating "evidence of relationship."  Since it's Sri Lanka, and they specifically asked for it, I recommend that you send, with the I-864 and financial documents for the new co-sponsor, more evidence of time spent together than simply photos (original boarding passes, passport stamps, hotel receipts), plus any financial co-mingling documents (joint credit card, health insurance, beneficiary on retirement accounts, life insurance, will, living will, power of attorney...).  If you do not submit this kind of additional evidence, and only send the new co-sponsor documents, you risk being denied.  Good luck!

Edited by carmel34

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
9 hours ago, SrilankanstoUS said:

Pictures only. 

You have more than photos, as you will have at least passport stamps as evidence of time in country.  Did you provide that?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

3 hours ago, pushbrk said:

You have more than photos, as you will have at least passport stamps as evidence of time in country.  Did you provide that?

My spouse is a dual citizen. She never lived in US before. She returned back to US just to maintain domicile in last feb. That’s why we don’t have that kinda evidence. We’ve had a lot family gatherings and trips. And I submitted those pictures as well. 

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
25 minutes ago, SrilankanstoUS said:

My spouse is a dual citizen. She never lived in US before. She returned back to US just to maintain domicile in last feb. That’s why we don’t have that kinda evidence. We’ve had a lot family gatherings and trips. And I submitted those pictures as well. 

The part of your evidence is her signed petition stating her residence history for the past 5 years.  I expect some of that time was the same address as yours.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

17 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

The part of your evidence is her signed petition stating her residence history for the past 5 years.  I expect some of that time was the same address as yours.

We shared the same residence for almost a year before she moved to US. We stated that as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.