29 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2020 at 2:01 PM, carmel34 said:

OP, your ROC interview will not go well if you go on your own.  You need to re-file ROC (I-751) with a divorce waiver, and file for divorce now and get a divorce decree which will be required for the process to continue.  Time to do more research on "I-751 with divorce waiver."  Do you have any documents filed for your CR-1/IR-1 visa or adjustment of status that showed the marriage was entered to in good faith and bona fide at the time?  You will need more evidence that the few documents you described if you want to get approved.  Dig deeper and find more documents than you have.  What about joint tax returns, bank accounts, credit card accounts, insurance, etc.?

We have none of that and I blame myself because she tried and I was just was being stubborn and never pushed to get joint any of that. I treated her bad. My 8 year old did not respect her and I blame myself. I don't want a divorce.She left me. I told her to leave. Then my family told her I  am using her. I know she loves me. She still comes by to make sure I have food, wash my cloths even look after my daughter after all this she still make sure I am ok. I talk to other women she felt disrespected. I was wrong 

She has done a lot for me. I hit her and police came she never pressed charges they took me to jail for 3 days and she didn't pursue it.

I was thinging  she may go to the interview but not sure. But we still have nothing to show. She was on me about handling my business taking pictures and I did not. We have a few pictures which immigration does not want. They want wedding pictures, traveling we don't have. The bank account she closed. the taxes we did not do jointly. Medical is me and my daughter only. even if we got a divorce I can't prove anything. they know something is fishy. I should have had my card months ago.

I can take this to court?

We have none of that and I blame myself because she tried and I was just was being stubborn and never pushed to get joint any of that. I treated her bad. My 8 year old did not respect her and I blame myself. I don't want a divorce.She left me. I told her to leave. Then my family told her I  am using her. I know she loves me. She still comes by to make sure I have food, wash my cloths even look after my daughter after all this she still make sure I am ok. I talk to other women she felt disrespected. I was wrong 

She has done a lot for me. I hit her and police came she never pressed charges they took me to jail for 3 days and she didn't pursue it.

I was thinging  she may go to the interview but not sure. But we still have nothing to show. She was on me about handling my business taking pictures and I did not. We have a few pictures which immigration does not want. They want wedding pictures, traveling we don't have. The bank account she closed. the taxes we did not do jointly. Medical is me and my daughter only. even if we got a divorce I can't prove anything. they know something is fishy. I should have had my card months ago.

•  

•  

30 minutes ago, Kjordan222 said:

I hit her and police came she never pressed charges they took me to jail for 3 days and she didn't pursue it.

It's not on the victim to press charges, it's on the prosecutor. If the police came it was probably not only one instance of domestic violence that happened but only one that got reported. 

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
37 minutes ago, Kjordan222 said:

I hit her and police came she never pressed charges they took me to jail for 3 days and she didn't pursue it.

This is where you really messed up.

Domestic violence may make you inadmissible and a reason to deny your ROC.

You may want to go see a qualified immigration lawyer.

29 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

It's not on the victim to press charges, it's on the prosecutor. If the police came it was probably not only one instance of domestic violence that happened but only one that got reported. 

This was the first time the police was called. They tried to make her press charges they just did a report. They took pictures. I was in Jail for 3 days . I hated her for that. 

Edited by Kjordan222

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

You hit her.  

She called the cops to protect herself, and you hate her for that.

You refused counseling.

You're required to disclose your arrest.  

You're the problem, not her.  

Edited by aaron2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
6 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

You hit her.  

She called the cops to protect herself, and you hate her for that.

You refused counseling.

You're required to disclose your arrest.  

You're the problem, not her.  

All of this plus you have done nothing to show your relationship with her to date.  She tried to get you to do it but you couldn't be bothered.  You don't appear to have a good case.  You are likely going home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.