Cody&Razely

PH DOT - International Tourism to Resume 2nd Half of 2021

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Philippines to Resume International Tourism in 2nd Half of 2021

MANILA – The Philippines plans to gradually reactivate domestic tourism in October, but is not expecting the full resumption of international tourism until the middle of next year, a spokeswoman for the Department of Tourism told EFE on Monday. (Dependent on other countries)

http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=2495148&CategoryId=12396

:dead:

It also foresees regional international visitors by the second half of 2021, once border controls are lifted by other countries. i.e. Nearby International Tourists such as Australia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, China, Etc.....

:dead::dead::dead:
Edited by Cody&Razely

Timeline

Yeah, time will tell. Though personally I find it ridiculous for them to say nothing for 6 months solid only to finally report that it will be another 9 month of waiting. I think all the Governments across the world have lost their minds and I am so over it. 

1 hour ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I think it will be opened before that. Late 2020 or early 2021

I think so too. Money talks. Philippines is in recession and it'll need those tourism money. Besides lot of other countries are already opening up. Hopefully this will persuade Philippines to open up sooner.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Will&Christine said:

I think so too. Money talks. Philippines is in recession and it'll need those tourism money. Besides lot of other countries are already opening up. Hopefully this will persuade Philippines to open up sooner.

Christmas would be the most appropriate time for tourism money. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

I think it will be opened before that. Late 2020 or early 2021

We can only hope. I am counting the days. As I myself (as with many others) have been waiting to see my Fiance in person again. It has been a long time and it's very hard to take the distance with no recourse for building an in person relationship. 

On 9/9/2020 at 4:27 PM, Will&Christine said:

I was hopeful back in June that it may open up by the end of the year, Now I don't see it happening.

I suspect some time next spring or early summer hopefully they will open up.  The sooner the better, but in reality I just don't see it happening soon.   If they do open it up I will be on one of the first planes headed that way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.