marinacar

My ex husband wants to marry someone else and bring her here

12 posts in this topic

Hi guys, I am new here, I got my GC (CR1) in Jan 2020 and filed for divorce last month because my husband cheated on me before I arrived to this country and after as well, divorce is still not finalized but will be soon.

My husband is obsessed with foreign women and apparently had multiple accounts on foreign dating sites, he always claimed that American women and masculine and are not family oriented.

Before I arrived I found out that he was communicating with a girl from Korea and was lying to her that he was getting a divorce and just waiting for it to be finalized a year before I even arrived to the US, he promised her that he will bring her here.I found out about this because he sent me a screen shot and he didn't notice that a message from her popped at the top, he told me that this was just for fun because he was bored. I forgave him.

Then two months before I arrived he said he is going to Mexico with his guy friends but later I found out that he actually went there to see a Mexican woman he met online, I found pictures on his phone and confronted him, he became very angry and said that he was cheating on me for 2 years and that this is my fault because the GC process took too long.

Then I left him, he started threatening me with deportation but it was just empty threats.

Now I saw on FB that he proposed to the woman from Mexico and probably planing on applying for K1 after he gets the divorce.

I texted him saying that him doing this for the 2nd time so fast is going to get him into trouble, but he said that he is going to say that I used him for GC and that this is what he told his soon to be wife and this is what she is going to say at the interview.

He said he is planing on saying that I applied for my GC without his permission, forged his signature and everything, this is what he told this woman, he is pathological liar.

He thinks it's okay to say something like this, they are both very stupid, and he has the "I am American so I can do whatever I want" attitude.

Now I am worried. do I have anything to worry about?

Edited by marinacar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

No

Well assuming his allegations are not true

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
3 hours ago, marinacar said:

Hi guys, I am new here, I got my GC (CR1) in Jan 2020 and filed for divorce last month because my husband cheated on me before I arrived to this country and after as well, divorce is still not finalized but will be soon.

My husband is obsessed with foreign women and apparently had multiple accounts on foreign dating sites, he always claimed that American women and masculine and are not family oriented.

Before I arrived I found out that he was communicating with a girl from Korea and was lying to her that he was getting a divorce and just waiting for it to be finalized a year before I even arrived to the US, he promised her that he will bring her here.I found out about this because he sent me a screen shot and he didn't notice that a message from her popped at the top, he told me that this was just for fun because he was bored. I forgave him.

Then two months before I arrived he said he is going to Mexico with his guy friends but later I found out that he actually went there to see a Mexican woman he met online, I found pictures on his phone and confronted him, he became very angry and said that he was cheating on me for 2 years and that this is my fault because the GC process took too long.

Then I left him, he started threatening me with deportation but it was just empty threats.

Now I saw on FB that he proposed to the woman from Mexico and probably planing on applying for K1 after he gets the divorce.

I texted him saying that him doing this for the 2nd time so fast is going to get him into trouble, but he said that he is going to say that I used him for GC and that this is what he told his soon to be wife and this is what she is going to say at the interview.

He said he is planing on saying that I applied for my GC without his permission, forged his signature and everything, this is what he told this woman, he is pathological liar.

He thinks it's okay to say something like this, they are both very stupid, and he has the "I am American so I can do whatever I want" attitude.

Now I am worried. do I have anything to worry about?

Cut ties with him, he is trying to still control you and you dont need that, you should not be worried since you did not do what he is alleging.  Stay strong for your self, that's what most important.

What a gigantic loser lol. 

Not any loss whatsoever. Success is the best revenge, succeed in your life.

Don't worry, he cannot get you deported unless he has proof you were using him as a Visa mill but considering he is trying to bring another woman in, he's going to be the suspicious one, not you. So don't worry about that. Get a divorce attorney and cut ties, protect your interests, only talk to him via the attorney. Best of luck.

50 minutes ago, geowrian said:

I would just add that it sounds like he is excited to shoot himself in the foot. He helped you along the entire process to show a bona fide marriage. Now he’s going to say it was fraudulent, and he has somebody new to bring over? The common thread is him and the burden will be on them to show that this time it’s not fraudulent. He’s setting up a higher bar for himself IMO.

He's wasting his own money on all these long visa processes, if he is that stupid cause he has some weird infatuation then its not water off OP's back...

Stop texting, stop following him on FB and get on with living your life....

Naturalization

Son's N-400 Timeline

08/14/2020 - Sent N-400 and I-912 waiver to TX lockbox

09/18/2020 - NOA via text

06/05/2021 - Notification of biometrics scheduled

09/17/2021 - Interview - decision cannot be made

11/24/2021 - Denial letter, 30 days to appeal

12/24/2021 - Appeal sent back with I-912 waiver

12/24/2021 - Motion to terminate deportation proceedings from 2013 filed

I'm sorry you had to deal with this, OP. Before you unfollow/ unfriend, try to get as much proof as you can to make your evidences solid. 

I-751

July 25, 2023 - Submitted ROC via USPS 

July 31, 2023 - Credit card charged

Aug 1, 2023 - Text confirmation with IOE number received

Aug 14, 2023 - 48-month extension letter received

Aug 23, 2023 - Biometrics appointment at Brooklyn ASC

I-485

July 2, 2020 - 1st AOS submission via USPS  | July 19, 2020 - Rejected package received due to "missing forms" | July 20, 2020 - Resubmitted AOS Package | July 26, 2020 - AOS received at Chicago lockbox via USPS

July 27, 2020 - USCIS online status: Case received

Aug 9, 2020 - Credit card was charged | Aug 13, 2020 - Received SMS confirmation from USCIS | Aug 17, 2020 - Received NOAs in the mail | Aug 21, 2020 - USCIS account updated to RFE (waiting for mail)

Aug 27, 2020 - Hard copy of RFIE received in the mail (I-864EZ rejected) | Aug 31, 2020 - Response to RFIE sent to NBC

Sept 9, 2020 - Response to RFIE received by USCIS | Sept. 22, 2020 - Received I-693 deficiency notice

Nov 21, 2020 - Date USCIS sent out biometrics appointment letter  | Nov. 28, 2020 - Received bio appointment letter

Dec 18, 2020 - Biometrics appointment completed in Brooklyn ASC | Dec. 19, 2020 - Case updated to fingerprints taken (I-485 and I-765) | Dec. 30, 2020 - Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview

Feb 25, 2021 - New card is being produced (EAD) | Feb. 26, 2021 - EAD and AP have been approved

Mar 3, 2021 - Combo card received | Mar. 5, 2021 - SSN card received

Aug 31, 2021 - Case updated online to interview has been scheduled | Sept 8, 2021 - Interview schedule received in the mail via USPS

Oct 5, 2021 - Scheduled interview | Oct 6, 2021 - Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.