sasha8384

I751 pending with passed n400

10 posts in this topic

ok. so i went and did my n400 today. i was told by the vermont office that my i751 was to be transferred to do a combo. i passed my n400 and was told to go the the other side of the buding to see if i could get a interview for my i751. i was told that they have received some sort of signature and they would call me if they need anything esle. 

my question is what is my next step? i already put in a service request prior to interview to make sure my documents arrive ...so im basically lost on how to get this moving as i wanna go home for a few months next summer 

Was your spouse with you this morning?

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

13 hours ago, NancyNguyen said:

Was your spouse with you this morning?

no spouse was there. all they said to us is that they are waiting for signature to come down 

1 minute ago, sasha8384 said:

no spouse was there. all they said to us is that they are waiting for signature to come down 

They wouldn’t approve your i-751 without your spouse. Your spouse must accompany you for Combo interview.

N400

1 hour ago, NancyNguyen said:

They wouldn’t approve your i-751 without your spouse. Your spouse must accompany you for Combo interview.

thats what i meant to say. sorry my spouse was there. 

2 hours ago, NancyNguyen said:

My wife had her N-400 in July. She had a pending I-751. I was not allowed inside the building. There was no mention of the I-751 during interview, but it changed to approved online the next day. Her Oath ceremony was last week.

Naturalization Timeline

01/05/2020.......Filed N-400 online.

01/07/2020.......I-751 transferred from Texas Service Center to Lee's Summit.

01/31/2020.......Biometrics Appointment.

03/06/2020.......Interview Scheduled 04/16/2020.

06/16/2020.......Interview Rescheduled 07/08/2020

07/08/2020.......Approved

08/20/2020.......Oath Ceremony

N400 January 2020 filers spread sheet  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bxlnPL1_Ln6rGAZcTwEf6e-dNjQkBmr02wYi6baeIF0/edit#gid=0

17 minutes ago, Rick & Apple said:

My wife had her N-400 in July. She had a pending I-751. I was not allowed inside the building. There was no mention of the I-751 during interview, but it changed to approved online the next day. Her Oath ceremony was last week.

Consider yourself lucky.

N400

• 2 years later...
On 8/27/2020 at 12:04 PM, bing10 said:

I 'passed' my N-400 interview back in February, but with an outstanding I-751, and am still waiting for a decision. Hopefully yours goes quicker than mine!

How did this end up working out? Did it like expire at some point? 

1 hour ago, SMK 89 said:

How did this end up working out? Did it like expire at some point? 

It will never expire, it stays pending, until it's approved or denied.

Mine ended up getting approved after a year and half. Moving to a different state was what prompted them to approve it, as they did that the same day they processed my transfer to the new field office.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.