Shariar Rahman

I864A OF HOUSEHOLD MEMBER OF PETITIONER

2 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I am applicant of F4 category. Recently I have been mailed by the NVC that they have reviewed my documents which is in the CEAC processing. CEAC has accepted all of the documents except for the documents that is I864A of household member of the petitioner. Previously they rejected the same documents as they said that the section 5a of that form wasn't dated. However, after resubmitting the document back in first week of June they reviewed the document and said the form is expired. We have now submitted the document immediately after filling up a newly. 

My question is, is that very common that forms like I864A gets expired, what is the validity period of I864A?

Any type of suggestion / info will be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Edited by Shariar Rahman
grammatical correction

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Shariar Rahman said:

Hi there,

I am applicant of F4 category. Recently I have been mailed by the NVC that they have reviewed my documents which is in the CEAC processing. CEAC has accepted all of the documents except for the documents that is I864A of household member of the petitioner. Previously they rejected the same documents as they said that the section 5a of that form wasn't dated. However, after resubmitting the document back in first week of June they reviewed the document and said the form is expired. We have now submitted the document immediately after filling up a newly. 

My question is, is that very common that forms like I864A gets expired, what is the validity period of I864A?

Any type of suggestion / info will be appreciated. Thanks for reading

The updating of forms often

creates a challenge when you get an RFE. Sounds like the form was updated on the USCIS Website  between the time you first completed it and when you fixed the issue for the RFE

The general consensus here is to

always check the forms version by going onto the USCIS forms  page for that item. The most current form is the one that you access on that page. That way you can be sure you’ve got the updated one 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864a

Further down the page , under the Form details heading, it will also tell you the date of the most current form. Dont get confused by the OMB date in the upper right corner .. that’s an internal government auditing number not the “edition “ number or expiry date of the form 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.