29 posts in this topic

Hi,

I hope you all are well. I saw some of the comments on the forum regarding Islamabad embassy and I thought I'd reach out to you all. My wife's case was documentarily approved in May 2020. We have not heard from NVC since then. Whenever I call them they say that the embassy will set up an interview whenever the slot becomes available and the beneficiary will be notified. I understand that the embassy was closed due to pandemic but reading some of the comments on forum the suggests that they are holding interviews for CR1 and 1R1 cases.

Per the understanding of experts here, how much time would it take for us to get the interview date. It has been over a year since I last went back home to see my wife. This waiting game is not fun.

Thank you in advance

24 minutes ago, AA100 said:

Hi,

I hope you all are well. I saw some of the comments on the forum regarding Islamabad embassy and I thought I'd reach out to you all. My wife's case was documentarily approved in May 2020. We have not heard from NVC since then. Whenever I call them they say that the embassy will set up an interview whenever the slot becomes available and the beneficiary will be notified. I understand that the embassy was closed due to pandemic but reading some of the comments on forum the suggests that they are holding interviews for CR1 and 1R1 cases.

Per the understanding of experts here, how much time would it take for us to get the interview date. It has been over a year since I last went back home to see my wife. This waiting game is not fun.

Thank you in advance

Hey, 

Tbh, I don't think anybody really knows whether or not the US Embassy is actually conducting interviews or not for Spouse Visas. Based on the people who posted recently in other posts, it seems that they are only working on special cases such as those that went in to administrative processing and have been there for more than a year. I think the best way to find out would be to call the Embassy directly and see what they say. I know many other people are also waiting. Good Luck!

4 hours ago, fj12345 said:

Same here, my husband case was DQ on May 23rd. Didn’t hear anything from embassy yet. So frustrating 🙁

Did you try to contact NVC or embassy?

4 hours ago, Shirp said:

Hey, 

Tbh, I don't think anybody really knows whether or not the US Embassy is actually conducting interviews or not for Spouse Visas. Based on the people who posted recently in other posts, it seems that they are only working on special cases such as those that went in to administrative processing and have been there for more than a year. I think the best way to find out would be to call the Embassy directly and see what they say. I know many other people are also waiting. Good Luck!

Do you have a pending case at NVC?

Timeline
10 hours ago, AA100 said:

Hi,

Thank you in advance

When did you apply for the petition? Date of approval by USCIS? I'm asking since my case is at vermont too from past 14 months.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, stech786 said:

I had interview cancelled in Apr. no update yet. You all would have to wait longer

I read that Canada's routine visas are resuming starting yesterday and would reschedule March and April 2020 interviews... and have a lot of backlog... so I think... Maybe Pakistan embassy might open by the end of this month for routine interview or... we can expect it to open by November or december 2020. ( my guess based on the picture below)... 😕

**PICTURE IS OF MONTREAL, CANADA'S WEBSITE**

EfuaLoYWoAEX_YR.png

Edited by Lexushim

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 8/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, stech786 said:

I had interview cancelled in Apr. no update yet. You all would have to wait longer

Also you should update your VISA JOURNEY TIMELINE TO HELP OTHERS... :)

2 hours ago, Lexushim said:

Also you should update your VISA JOURNEY TIMELINE TO HELP OTHERS... :)

2 hours ago, Lexushim said:

I read that Canada's routine visas are resuming starting yesterday and would reschedule March and April 2020 interviews... and have a lot of backlog... so I think... Maybe Pakistan embassy might open by the end of this month for routine interview or... we can expect it to open by November or december 2020. ( my guess based on the picture below)... 😕

I came to know that Islamabad embassy is not going to open in near future.  This is Pakistan Ambassador decision not to open it for now.

Edited by fj12345

6 hours ago, fj12345 said:

can't share the source, but all i can say that it is an authenticate information.

Fake news

Pakistan Embassy is open, Since May 2020.  We don’t need your source

they are only conducting expedited, emergency, old AP cases

In July, ISL issued 84 visas, 66 in June, 5 in May

My source is state dept visa stat page. 
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.