Linnn

Milwaukee Area - Biometrics appointment

58 posts in this topic

Hi everyone! December 2020 filer here living in waukesha! Does anyone know if it's possible to get EAD without biometrics? Or do you always have to have biometrics done first?

17 hours ago, Alexag said:

Hi everyone! December 2020 filer here living in waukesha! Does anyone know if it's possible to get EAD without biometrics? Or do you always have to have biometrics done first?

You need biometrics first, because they're applied to your I-765 before they approve it. (I'm not in Waukesha)

9 minutes ago, Woodpecker07 said:

You need biometrics first, because they're applied to your I-765 before they approve it. (I'm not in Waukesha)

It depends (as almost everything in this process). From what I’ve seen around, family-based filings seem to need biometrics before their I-765 is processed. Some work-based filings (including mine) have received their combo cards before biometrics. So, if yours is a family-based filing, then you’ll likely need to wait for your bio appt.

On 4/5/2021 at 4:39 PM, Alexag said:

Hi! Will you please update once you hear from the USCIS regarding the biometrics appointment?

I also will need to go to Milwaukee and there's not many people on the same boat. Thanks! 

Edited by bebifa

9 minutes ago, bebifa said:

Hi! Will you please update once you hear from the USCIS regarding the biometrics appointment?

I also will need to go to Milwaukee and there's not many people on the same boat. Thanks! 

Yeah of course I’ll update you! I haven’t seen many people on the same boat either so it’s kinda hard to get an estimate. 

Little update for Wisconsin processing times. Who's getting:

-Combo card: May filers (at least for marriage based)

-Scheduled appointment: August filers

-Biometrics appointment: September filers

In case you have FB and want to join the group "AOS Wisconsin Filers 2021 (Milwaukee Field Office)".

18 minutes ago, Woodpecker07 said:

Little update for Wisconsin processing times. Who's getting:

-Combo card: May filers (at least for marriage based)

-Scheduled appointment: August filers

-Biometrics appointment: September filers

In case you have FB and want to join the group "AOS Wisconsin Filers 2021 (Milwaukee Field Office)".

Thanks for keeping us posted. So no news on I-485 interviews/approvals in the FB group?

Also, are you guys familiar with this website (http://www.greencardly.com/#/field_offices/MIL/Milwaukee,WI)? It has some great data visualization and information coming directly from USCIS' status tracker. It seems that most of the AOS recent approvals in the MKE office are from Feb 2020. 

5 minutes ago, DanJS said:

Thanks for keeping us posted. So no news on I-485 interviews/approvals in the FB group?

Oh yes! Interviews/approvals for May filers! Last successful interviews I've heard about were April 1st (they got their combo card a couple of weeks before their interviews).

I'm a September filer for N-400: No news yet on any biometrics appointment at Milwaukee! - It was saying completion estimate for July, however I think that's unlikely at this rate!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My case was approved! Posting my timeline in case somebody find it useful. Thank for sharing information throughout the journey. Good luck to everyone.

EB2 ROW

Service Center: Nebraska -submitted) & National Benefits Center (transferred)

Field office: Milwaukee, WI

Interview was waived.

June 2021 - Green card delivered.

June 2021 - New Card Is Being Produced

May 2021 - Request for additional evidence - not the medical.

February 2021 - Biometrics appt.

July 2020 - Form I-485 was transferred to another office for processing.

July 2020 Forms I-765 & I-131 (combo card) approved (before biometrics).

June 2020 - Form I-140 approved (premium processing).

June 2020 - Form I-140 is being processed at our Nebraska Service Center location (premium processing).

June 2020 - USCIS received I-485, I-131, I-765, I-140 (concurrently) - including medical.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.