Venus344

Do we have enough evidence?

3 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if this is enough evidence to submit with the I-751 to remove the conditions on my wife's green card? 

1. Birth Certificate for our son born while she was a conditional resident.

2. Tax transcripts showing joint filing 2018 & 2019

3. Copy of Master Cards showing names and same account number.

4. Copy of state ID/Drivers license showing same address.

5. Letter from work showing wife as beneficiary on company life insurance policy.

6. Affidavit from my mother vouching for our marriage and stating she is allowing us to live in one of the homes she owns.

7. Copy of weekly church flyer listing us as new members September 2018.

8. Copy of church flyer announcing birth of our son dated January 2020.

9. Copy of plane ticket with both names for vacation we took together.

10. Photos of us taken at various times throughout the marriage.

We haven't opened up any joint accounts because she is a homemaker and their hasn't been a need for a joint bank account. I don't have her on my company insurance because it is too expensive so I have her and my son covered thru the marketplace. We are living in a home owned by my mother and the bills are in her name I just pay them. Does this evidence sound like enough our is there anything that should be added? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Venus344 said:

I'm wondering if this is enough evidence to submit with the I-751 to remove the conditions on my wife's green card? 

5. Letter from work showing wife as beneficiary on company life insurance policy.

6. Affidavit from my mother vouching for our marriage and stating she is allowing us to live in one of the homes she owns.

We haven't opened up any joint accounts because she is a homemaker and their hasn't been a need for a joint bank account. I don't have her on my company insurance because it is too expensive so I have her and my son covered thru the marketplace. We are living in a home owned by my mother and the bills are in her name I just pay them. Does this evidence sound like enough our is there anything that should be added? Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

As a note, you can only send what you have. Evidence doesn't come out in thin air.

There's no harm in opening a joint account even if she doesn't work. That's not a criteria for a bank account unless you don't want her on it.
Keep in mind, USCIS cares about commingled lifestyle. I think the tax transcripts (If married, filing jointly) and beneficiary of life insurance are strong points. You mention Master Cards. That's good as well. 
One thing that I can think of- tho not sure if necessary is- since your mum is writing an affidavit, showing her name on a bill with the address and you and your wife staying at the same address could help show that you are all living in the same place. 

Everything else looks good.
Good luck! 

Edited by emekus94

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/10/2020 at 4:23 PM, Venus344 said:

+1 to what was said above. All they want to know is that she's a partner in sharing/commingling finances. 

Instead of the the actual Master Cards - I would send copies of your monthly statements which proves that you're both spending money and paying it off. If you received the Joint Stimulus letter from the White House that is also good proof...

You've basically covered everything else..

N400--> Naturalization: 80 days (Jul 21 - Oct 21) - Timeline

Spoiler

Oct 21 - (10/21) - N400 Approved. Oath Ceremony Scheduled - notice available online

Sep 21 - (09/15) - eNOA - Interview scheduled on Oct 21 @1:15pm

Jul 21 - (07/30) - eNOA received for Biometrics reuse and application acceptance, (07/29) - Online N400 application done🤞🏽 (paid using CC)

I-751--> Removal of Conditions: 100 days (Aug 20 - Nov 20)

Spoiler

Nov 20 - (11/12) - Permanent GC delivered!! Woohooo, (11/09) - Received Paper NOA Approval Notice :dance: :dancing: (Online status - Card being processed)

Oct 20 - (10/26) - Case Transferred to NBC (Notice mentioned to speed up processing)  :unsure:, (10/02) - Existing Fingerprints applied to case.
Aug 20 - (08/22) - Paper NOA in mail (extension letter), (08/11) - eNOA received over text - SRCXXXXXXXXXX, Check Cashed., (08/01) - ROC Package Received (Dallas PO Box)

Jul 20 - (07/29) - Sent ROC Package via USPS 🤞🏽

I-90 --> GC Replacement (Erroneous GC): 6 months (Oct 18 - Mar 19)

Spoiler

Mar 19 - (03/15) Final GC in Mail! Whewwwwwww 🙏🏽 🕺🏽

Mar 19 - (03/12) eNOA Corrected GC being produced, (03/05) e-Submitted I-551 scans with cover letter explaining situation, (02/22) RFE for Original GC

Nov 18 - (11/19) I-551 Stamp done with 12 month date stamp - Returned OG GC, was told by VO told to expect RFE for OG GC 🍾, (11/16) Biometrics done @ASC in Austin, told to keep GC, (11/2) Scheduled infopass (for I-551 stamping - needed to travel) :idea:

Oct 18 - (10/27) Biometrics Scheduled, (10/18) File I-90 Online, (10/18) GC Arrives with Incorrect DOB (Swapped last digit of Date with Only digit Month) 🤦‍♂️

H-1B --> AOS: 15 Months (Jul 17 - Oct 18) - Interview Experience HERE

Spoiler

Oct 18 - (10/18) Card in Mail visa USPS package delivery! Relieved…🙇🏽‍♂️ 🤷🏽‍♂️, (10/11) In-person interview - Approved! 🎉

Sep 18 - (9/8) I-485 eNOA: Interview scheduled for Oct 11

Aug 18 - (8/31) I-485 eNOA: Interview Scheduled, (8/24) EAD/AP received in mail, (8/16) Notification on Producing New Card, (8/7) I-485 eNOA: Testing and Interview, (8/2) Courtesy Letter for i-693 not submitted finally

Feb 18 - (2/28) Completed Walkin Biometrics, (2/27) Paper NOAs in mail and Biometrics Appt Letter, (2/17) e-NOAs at Midnight, (2/16)Checks Cashed (No e-NOA), (2/7)AOS Package Received, AOS Package via Fedex (I-130,I-485,I-765,I-131)

Jul 17 - Legally Married  👩‍❤️‍👨

F-1 --> H-1B: 3 Yrs (Aug 2011- Oct 2014)

Spoiler

Oct 14 - Changed status to H-1B

Aug 11 - Arrived as F-1 Student

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.