Address C

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services 
2501 S. State Hwy. 121 Business
Suite 400
Lewisville, TX 75067

Date: August 8, 2020

Nature of Submission: I-751 ORIGINAL SUBMISSIOM

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find our JOINT I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for Immigrant (A-NUMBER) and evidence of our marriage.

Contents include:

• One (1) check for $680 (Application $595 + Biometric Service $85 fees.)
  • Form G-1145, E-Notification of Application-Petition Acceptance.
  • Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
  • Copy of Immigrant’s Form I-551 (Permanent Resident Card.)
  • Evidence of our relationship (Detailed list on pages 2 and 3.) 

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Sincerely,

US Citizen                                                                                                                 Immigrant

Evidence

A.   Housing & Utilities

1.    Address A (Start Date – End Date)

a)    Joint lease

b)    Renters insurance

c)    Electric bills

d)    Final statement

2.    Address B (Start Date – End Date)

a)    Joint lease

b)    Welcome letter

c)    Renters insurance

d)    Electric bills

e)    Internet bills

3.    Address C (Start Date – End Date)

a)    Joint lease

b)    Renters insurance

c)    Electric bills

d)    Internet bills

B.   Memberships

1.    T-Mobile family plan (showing both our cell numbers.)

2.    CrossFit family membership (right before they close due to COVID19.)

C.   Affidavits (3 affidavits from family and friends.)

D.   Financial

1.    IRS joint tax transcripts for 2017, 2018 and 2019.

2.    Joint account bank statements from August 2018 to July 2020.

3.    Immigrant’s Merrill Edge Transfer on Death Agreement (showing US Citizen as sole beneficiary.)

E.    Insurance

1.    2018 of US Citizen’s insurance (showing Immigrant as family member.)

2.    2019 & 2020 Immigrant’s insurance (showing US Citizen as family member.)

a)    Insurance cards.

3.    Immigrant’s HSA (showing US Citizen as 100% primary beneficiary.)

a)    HSA cards.

F.    Benefits & Retirement

1.    Immigrant’s Beneficiary Designation forms (showing US Citizen as 100% beneficiary for 401k, pension, life insurance.)

a)    2018 – 2019 Company A

b)    2019 & 2020 Company B

2.    US Citizen’s Beneficiary Designation forms (showing Immigrant as 100% beneficiary for 401k, pension, life insurance.)

G.   Pictures

H.   Misc.

1.    Trip A plane tickets, hotel booking, Disneyland, Universal tickets, and other tickets.

2.    CITY Zoo tickets (picture is included in Pictures section.)

3.    Refund check addressed to US Citizen and I.

4.    Receipt for buying furniture for our apartment from Rooms to Go.

5.    Assortment of mail addressed to US Citizen and me.

Thank you all for your time to read this. I'll be filling it on Monday as my GC expires on 11/06.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Looks good. You can also throw in copies of both of your driver licenses or state IDs showing the same address.

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Just now, Scandi said:

Looks good. You can also throw in copies of both of your driver licenses or state IDs showing the same address.

Unfortunately, after the first interview and a couple of addresses later we got tired of changing our address on drivers licenses. Do you think I should wait to update them and then send the package?

Timeline
4 minutes ago, CaptainCustard said:

Unfortunately, after the first interview and a couple of addresses later we got tired of changing our address on drivers licenses. Do you think I should wait to update them and then send the package?

No, not a biggie. Most people have the same address on their DLs so it's a very easy evidence to send, that's why I mentioned it. If you don't have it, then don't bother. Definitely send your package once your window is open, don't delay.

Just now, Scandi said:

No, not a biggie. Most people have the same address on their DLs so it's a very easy evidence to send, that's why I mentioned it. If you don't have it, then don't bother. Definitely send your package once your window is open, don't delay.

Thank you! I am waiting on an affidavit to come in the mail and will send right away! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Highly picky here, because cover letters are more an inventory list for us than a necessity for USCIS.

1) Change salutation to "To whom it concerns" or "Gentlemen" or omit completely.

2) It's the beneficiary's petition, so it can't be joint.  (The contents are certainly solidly joint.)

3) Affidavits aren't required at all; they're suggested only when objective evidence is thin or weak.

Other observation:  On the outside of your mailing-envelope, write "ORIGINAL I-751" very visibly, which should help the mailroom crew sort and route your materials.

Other observation:  Amidst all these great enclosures, have you not drafted wills, medical & durable powers of attorney, HIPAA releases, and similar documents?  These are superb evidence for ROC (note -- not needed now amidst your smorgasbord, unless you have them to submit), and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

Pulling for a speedy approval for you.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Both me (petitioner AND beneficiary) and my husband (US citizen) signed my cover letter. Not required at all of course (neither is the cover letter itself), but we thought it looked good. We never called it a joint petition though, as I never looked at it as such. 

Not a single will, power of attorney, or anything similar. 

Just some regular "everyday" type stuff. And obviously NO affidavits, just a waste of time.

Edited by Scandi

8 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Highly picky here, because cover letters are more an inventory list for us than a necessity for USCIS.

1) Change salutation to "To whom it concerns" or "Gentlemen" or omit completely.

2) It's the beneficiary's petition, so it can't be joint.  (The contents are certainly solidly joint.)

3) Affidavits aren't required at all; they're suggested only when objective evidence is thin or weak.

Thank you for your comment and feedback. I got few questions regarding your input if you don't mind answering.

1. Why should the salutation be without "may"?
  2. By saying the beneficiary petition, do you mean the immigrant or the USC? I got confused because on the form is lists the immigrant as the petitioner. That being said, should not I make it clear what kind of I-751 it is?
  3. Regarding the affidavits, I understand that. I just wanted to make my case stronger.

Other observation:  On the outside of your mailing-envelope, write "ORIGINAL I-751" very visibly, which should help the mailroom crew sort and route your materials.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Other observation:  Amidst all these great enclosures, have you not drafted wills, medical & durable powers of attorney, HIPAA releases, and similar documents?  These are superb evidence for ROC (note -- not needed now amidst your smorgasbord, unless you have them to submit), and they're even more crucial to have in "life."

We do not have any of that. No attorneys nor wills. As for HIPPA releases, we have signed a few whenever we go to the doctor but I don't recall the form asking whom do we want the information to be disclosed to. 

45 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Both me (petitioner AND beneficiary) and my husband (US citizen) signed my cover letter. Not required at all of course (neither is the cover letter itself), but we thought it looked good. We never called it a joint petition though, as I never looked at it as such. 

Not a single will, power of attorney, or anything similar. 

Just some regular "everyday" type stuff. And obviously NO affidavits, just a waste of time.

Thank you for your comment. Do you think I should commit the word "JOINT" from the cover letter? But how should I highlight that this form is being filed jointly, not with a divorce waiver or deceased spouse?

Timeline
1 minute ago, CaptainCustard said:

Thank you for your comment. Do you think I should commit the word "JOINT" from the cover letter? But how should I highlight that this form is being filed jointly, not with a divorce waiver or deceased spouse?

You have already highlighted that on the actual form.

11 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Hey TBone, I noticed you mentioned the application cannot be joint.

I'm in the process of doing the paperwork for my wife's GC ROC (she was issued a 2 yr card).  In the application it states in Part 3:

My conditional residence is based on my marriage or my parent's marriage to a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and I am filing this joint petition together with (Select only one box):

1. 1.a.  My spouse.

2. 1.b.  My parent's spouse because I am unable to be included in a joint petition filed by my parent and my parent's spouse.

Should I select 1.a. as her status is due to her marriage to me (natural born US citizen)?

If not, do I just ignore the question?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.