Diverly

Petition Delay

2 posts in this topic

Hi Hello everyone,i am diverly,me and my husband decided to delay the process of our petition becoz of what we been going trough,we on NVC stage now but we dont pay the AOS and ds-260 too. I just want to know if its ok what we are doing,is there anybody here have a same situation of me,coz its to risky for us to move in US i have 4 kids with me,and im not sure if  we will make it to stay there,and i dont know if theres a job for me coz i heard its 50 million american filed unemployed because of this situation.My Husband was working in afghanistan as a technician in US base.And he cant go home with us here in philippines not like before that he can go home evry 4 months.We got approved by NVC last March 6 and the covid was announce after a weeks so the lockdown start and get worse,and until now we dont do nothing and just wait when the things get back to normal.hope anyone here can give me some advice to coz i getting worried coz maybe our petition will get lapse or expired if i dont do nothing,and i just hope that the NVC give us more time to process our petition.Thanks so much for evrybody that can help me God bless us all

Diverly Garrett

Edited by Diverly

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

You could easily delay at the NVC stage.   you could wait until February 2021 to pay the first NVC fee.  Then wait another 11 months to pay the 2nd NVC fee.

see note about 12 month responses here

Screen Shot 2020-08-08 at 12.05.35 PM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.