Jump to content

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello

i have received my GC through employment preference category. A day after my GC was approved, my 824 follow to join application was also approved .

 I824 follow to join was  for  my spouse and 2 children and recently i received NVC welcome letter ..paid fees and now iam filling out the DS160.

on the DS160 , there is petitioner information tab with options (EMPLOYER, PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYER,SELF,OTHER).

 

can you tell me if i should fill out OTHER and put my(spouse) info  or have to put EMPLOYER info who applied for my case?

Appreciate any responses.

 

petitioner.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

????????

 

A DS-160 is for a non-immigrant visa.  

 

If you have your green card and are doing follow to join, then the intending immigrants should be filing the DS-260.


Is your employer's immigration attorney helping you with this?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

????????

 

A DS-160 is for a non-immigrant visa.  

 

If you have your green card and are doing follow to join, then the intending immigrants should be filing the DS-260.


Is your employer's immigration attorney helping you with this?  

its DS260 i meant ..was a typo..

 

I was hoping to do it myself without attorneys help.  I filled the choice of agent form myself and select myself for any correspondence.

 

can you tell me what needs to be selected?..

 

Thanks in advance.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Yes, the employer is the petitioner. Your family are derivatives on your case (and you did not sponsor them through an i130 so you cannot be the petitioner).

Thank you aaron2020 and SusieQQQ for your quick inputs .

i will fill out with my employer information for petitioner..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2020 at 9:26 PM, jabwemet said:

Thank you aaron2020 and SusieQQQ for your quick inputs .

i will fill out with my employer information for petitioner..

hi Aaron2020 and SusieQQQ.

can you let me know if i selected the options correctly for the two questions? Iam already in US with GC.

Below are 2 questions when iam filling ds260 for spouse. pls let me know if the options i selected are correct.

Iam filling out the DS 260 for my spouse.

 

Is your Spouse immigrating to US with you ?  i selected  "NO" as i am already in US

Is your spouse immigrating to the US at a later date to Join you? "YES"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, jabwemet said:

hi Aaron2020 and SusieQQQ.

can you let me know if i selected the options correctly for the two questions? Iam already in US with GC.

Below are 2 questions when iam filling ds260 for spouse. pls let me know if the options i selected are correct.

Iam filling out the DS 260 for my spouse.

 

Is your Spouse immigrating to US with you ?  i selected  "NO" as i am already in US

Is your spouse immigrating to the US at a later date to Join you? "YES"

i feel the second question above  should also be a NO....pls advice

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jabwemet said:

hi Aaron2020 and SusieQQQ.

can you let me know if i selected the options correctly for the two questions? Iam already in US with GC.

Below are 2 questions when iam filling ds260 for spouse. pls let me know if the options i selected are correct.

Iam filling out the DS 260 for my spouse.

 

Is your Spouse immigrating to US with you ?  i selected  "NO" as i am already in US

Is your spouse immigrating to the US at a later date to Join you? "YES"

You are filling out the form from your spouse’s perspective. So her spouse is already in the US. How can you be immigrating at a later date to join her? She is the one immigrating at a later date to join you. So both are no.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/7/2020 at 11:56 PM, SusieQQQ said:

You are filling out the form from your spouse’s perspective. So her spouse is already in the US. How can you be immigrating at a later date to join her? She is the one immigrating at a later date to join you. So both are no.

thank you SusieQQQ . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...