Milka & Chris

Could it really takes 12 and half months for the I-130 petition to get approved?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Yes I've been wondering also how long the process take, when I get the emails from VJ saying estimated approval time is that just for the next step or for the whole process? We just started the process  06/2020 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

We filed in 8/16/2018 the file was received at the Potomac office then in February 2019 I was transferred to nbc.. then had a RFE in Nov 2019 and Finally approved March 10, 2020.  It going to be almost 2 years and USCIS have not transferred our case to nvc.  It’s very stressful that they don’t do anything even though I have been calling them to tell them abt their error and always telling me tht I have to wait 30, 60, 90 days to be able to follow up with them.  

best of luck

personal picDaisypath - (mxJ9)

Jaz ❤️'s J. Pablo

Married - 06/02/2018

Filed I-130 Application - 08/16/2018

NOA1 (Potomac) - 08/20/2018

Transfer Notice  (NBC) - 02/11/2019

Transfer to Local office for Interview - 03/18/2019

RFE/Interview (Local office) - 11/18/2019

RFE SENT - 02/12/2020

NOA2 Approved -  (National Benefits Center) - 03/10/2020

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 8/6/2020 at 1:42 AM, Milka & Chris said:

Hi everyone :)

Today is exactly 6 months since we're waiting for an approval from the USCIS.

Yesterday my Husband called them to ask about our case and how long it would take them. They told him it takes 12 and half months for right now but it could change every month. but when I go on the wedside and check how long texas USCIS needs to process a case it stays 4 and half to 7 months. So it's really confusing and I really hope we don't have to wait another half year for an approval. It's starts getting really frustating and I wanted to hear from you guys what your experience was with the timeline and how long it really took for you to get approved. Thank you. 

I hope it won’t take that long! I know it matters which office your paperwork is being processed at but none of it makes sense. I see some say their i130 was approved in one month while others have been waiting over a year! So frustrating. We filed March 5 and it was touched March 15 & July 2 but still nothing :( 

On 8/6/2020 at 4:42 AM, Milka & Chris said:

Yesterday my Husband called them to ask about our case and how long it would take them. They told him it takes 12 and half months for right now but it could change every month. but when I go on the wedside and check how long texas USCIS needs to process a case it stays 4 and half to 7 months. So it's really confusing and I really hope we don't have to wait another half year for an approval. It's starts getting really frustating and I wanted to hear from you guys what your experience was with the timeline and how long it really took for you to get approved. Thank you. 

Sure can, that's exactly how long it took mine to get approved, though we applied in November 2018 initially.

On 8/7/2020 at 7:06 AM, PEbode said:

Yes I've been wondering also how long the process take, when I get the emails from VJ saying estimated approval time is that just for the next step or for the whole process? We just started the process  06/2020 

It's the estimated time for an approval from the USCIS till you get to the next stage via the NVC. The USCIS is the longest part of the process though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

561 Days...Nebraska Service Center.  I did the process myself without a lawyer, so, a couple of months extra may be due to me not knowing the process.

On the last stage...waiting for interview. 🙂 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Daron and Honey said:

561 Days...Nebraska Service Center.  I did the process myself without a lawyer, so, a couple of months extra may be due to me not knowing the process.

A correctly submitted I130 will be processed the same with or without a lawyer involved 

Edited by Lil bear

Timeline
3 hours ago, Daron and Honey said:

I am doing the process myself also

On 8/6/2020 at 2:12 PM, Milka & Chris said:

Hi... it’s been 8 months... My PD is Nov,2019. Texas Service Centre takes 6-8 months so i should hv received updates by now... but nothing yet... infact my lawyer called USCIS in june and they informed us that my case has been transferred to Vermont Service Centre which take 20-25 months to process...We dint receive no confirmation notice about case transfer.

Again my lawyer called yesterday and USCIS informed that the case has not been transferred... This makes no sense... Have no clue what’s happening.... it seems USCIS answer differently eveytime you call them.... Disappointing😔

Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 11:11 AM, stringpuller said:

14 months? Wow did you do a request? 

Countless!! Even reached out to one of my senators, to no avail 😪

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 minutes ago, ameksy said:

Countless!! Even reached out to one of my senators, to no avail 😪

Try to keep hope. We will hope for your situation. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 8/12/2020 at 6:08 AM, NupurPatel said:

Hi... it’s been 8 months... My PD is Nov,2019. Texas Service Centre takes 6-8 months so i should hv received updates by now... but nothing yet... infact my lawyer called USCIS in june and they informed us that my case has been transferred to Vermont Service Centre which take 20-25 months to process...We dint receive no confirmation notice about case transfer.

Again my lawyer called yesterday and USCIS informed that the case has not been transferred... This makes no sense... Have no clue what’s happening.... it seems USCIS answer differently eveytime you call them.... Disappointing😔

Why is Vermont so far behind??? Ut really makes no sense that they are. 

We the people should be able to ask why? 

USCIS is way to OPAQUE 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.