Nathan&Cata

Bringing my mom to the USA

20 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

This makes no sense.

NO WHERE does the "proclamation suspends issuing of visas to parents unless their US child is under 21."  There is no such exception.   

I think poster was confusing the different bans, an exception exists for parents of under-21 USCs and LPRs in relation to the ban from being in Covid-affected countries for two weeks before entering the US. (Of course that is just regarding entry, not getting a visa.)

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
1 hour ago, retheem said:

But to be able to sponsor your parent you have to be 21 and above. The proclamation suspends issuing of visas to parents unless their US child is under 21. So basically IR-5s are out of the picture for now

Yes. Correct 

I am in the process of filling out a petition for my mom. Recently separated from my spouse but not divorce. The Marital status part of I-130 what end of marriage date should I put? Is it the date I moved out from our house? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

"LoVe MoVeS iN mYsTeRiOuS wAyS.."

- ms-

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
43 minutes ago, kittylove said:

I am in the process of filling out a petition for my mom. Recently separated from my spouse but not divorce. The Marital status part of I-130 what end of marriage date should I put? Is it the date I moved out from our house? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks! 

hi

no you are still married, you have to put married, the end date is when you are divorced, the day the marriage was terminated, a separation doesn't terminate a marriage

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks for all the responses. I am going to submit the application this Friday and I hope it goes well.

I know this is difficult, but I will keep trying. It will work because, this distance is nothing compared to our love. :wub:

10/2013 we met at church in USA, through some common friends. We became friends.

06/07/2014 we went to our first date. :dancing: Why did we take so long to go out? :ranting:

06/22/2014 I said YES.. I want to be your girlfriend... :luv:

07/16/2014 I had to come back to Colombia because my program was over :cry:

10/10/2014 My love met me in Colombia to spend my birthday weekend with me. We got engaged (L)

02/17/2015 - 03/09/2015 He came back to Colombia to visit me and met my family. :star:

05/12/2015 We couldn't stand the distance, so he decided to move here with me. :wub:

05/28/2015 We got married at the notary. 06/06/2015 We got married at church :D

12/03/2016  Moved back to the USA. 🥰

08/2020 Became a Citizen. 🇱🇷

08/2020 Applied to bring my mom. ❤️

02/28/2022 went to pick my mom to the airport in Florida 🤩

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.