PatrycjaEM

Filling form I-485 Traffic violation, court, community service.

3 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi there!

I am completing all my supporting document for the form I-485. I have one question - I have been citied in 2019 I received a traffic ticket in mail. A photo of me was taken while I ran the red light ( I know big mistake, the yellow light was very short I thought I'd make it). Anyway, I then decided to go to court because the fine was $490 and I did not want to pay it - in court the judge lowered my fine to 7 hours of community service which I have completed and I did traffic school. On the "yes or no" questions on the form I-485 I have answered "yes" twice due to mentioned situation and explained it at the last page where they give us the extra space however I found this information on USCIS website (photo attached below) . Now I'm not sure If I need to mention my ticket to USCIS. And also If I do mention it is it enough just what I would put on the last page of the form as additional information or should I write a whole separate letter explain everything in more detail. 

Had anyone had similar experience?

Thanks for all the help! 

Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 17.03.52.png

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline
16 hours ago, James120383 said:

what questions did you check "Yes" . it says if its traffic fines you dont have to submit documentation.  

Those two right here: 

Yes I know that they say traffic fines, but I took it to court and did community service, so if they put my name in there something might come up so I thought its better If I mention if first.. thanks for all the help!

IMG_8817.JPG

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.