dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
9 hours ago, delawhere said:

Husband FINALLY scheduled his expedite interview with the London Embassy for 17 August. Sending positive vibes and energy to everyone still waiting ❤️

Congratulations. I have updated you on the spreadsheet.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

I sent and was approved by NVC may 26th.2020 for Bangkok , Thailand ; USA embassy. Still waiting but it seems like there isn't many cases in Thailand and I called the embassy there and it has been open so hopefully we get one soon. 

The last message i got from them was :

"

The U.S. Embassy/Consulate tells us what dates they are holding interviews, and NVC fills these appointments as the cases become documentarily qualified. NVC schedules appointments one month in advance, but we cannot predict when an interview appointment will be available.

When an appointment is available, we will notify the applicant, petitioner, and attorney (if applicable)."

A Judge struck down Trumps public charge law in 2 rulings. They said you cant ask immigrants those questions during a pandemic. They also said you cant be required to have healthcare. It applies nationwide.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/31/897429845/twin-rulings-by-federal-judge-block-public-charge-rules-for-immigrants

I was planning on getting some kind of health coverage before the interview for my wife and sons but Now I'm wondering if it's ok to wait until they get here. If I do need to get something for them before the interview any suggestions?

https://www.visitorscoverage.com/

Question regarding DQ to interview. I have been seeing people say they called the US embassy in Manila and received an interview date.

My case was DQd nearly a month ago but I believe status is still at NVC. Would the embassy have any record if I were to call?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, chris413 said:

Also maybe a dumb question but is case complete the same as DQ? I apologize I’ve been trying to search and read everything I can

yes, Documentarily Qualified / Complete are the same thing

If NVC determines you have paid the necessary fees, submitted the required immigrant visa application, Affidavit of Support, and supporting documents to NVC, you will receive an email that your case is documentarily complete and NVC will work with the appropriate U.S. Embassy or Consulate to schedule an appointment for you. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/step-8-scan-collected-documents/step-9-upload-and-submit-scanned-documents.html

"DQ" was likely derived from this document https://fam.state.gov/fam/09FAM/09FAM050404.html

Edited by v2talk

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
2 hours ago, chris413 said:

Question regarding DQ to interview. I have been seeing people say they called the US embassy in Manila and received an interview date.

My case was DQd nearly a month ago but I believe status is still at NVC. Would the embassy have any record if I were to call?

The embassy cannot schedule you if the case is still at NVC.

If you have valid reasons to expedite your case, you can send an expedite request via NVC inquiry. Once Manila approves the expedite, NVC will ship your file to them and they'll contact you for an interview. If you don't expedite, NVC will schedule your interview once "regular" slots become available, and ship the case to the Embassy once your interview has been scheduled.

Thank you for clarifying. It was just confusing because i didn’t see the term case complete at all in the NVC filers thread. Everyone uses DQ. I though case complete might be another step after DQ. 

3 hours ago, chris413 said:

If they are calling the Embassy to schedule they are expedite. Your case is at NVC that’s correct. They will schedule you when the Embassy releases appts

yes DQ and Cade complete are the same thing  

13 minutes ago, TVC said:

My cases show as Ready. They were expedited to the embassy. It says they were updated today. But I've received no email. Its driving me nuts. What was the update?!

May I ask what was your reason for expedite and how long did it take to receive a reply? I requested an expedite a few days ago for the Manila embassy

25 minutes ago, TVC said:

My cases show as Ready. They were expedited to the embassy. It says they were updated today. But I've received no email. Its driving me nuts. What was the update?!

Have you tried calling the embassy and asking if they're going to schedule your interview or if you're responsible to schedule your own interview?

1 hour ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Have you tried calling the embassy and asking if they're going to schedule your interview or if you're responsible to schedule your own interview?

I called the embassy and it directs me to another number for visa concerns. Of course the number does not work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.