dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mary1980 said:

All documentation was submitted and accepted in May 2019, and I got the email saying that nvc will schedule his interview on 7/12/19. 

After that we haven't received anything yet. I knew it might take around 6 months or so for the interview to be scheduled but now its already over a year.

Sorry, totally read over the 2019! Nonetheless, the consulate has dramatically slowed down it's processing. People who had their appointments cancelled for March/April still haven't gotten their dates rescheduled so unfortunately it seems that we're in for a long wait. Is your spouse currently in Mexico? 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Chintis said:

Sorry, totally read over the 2019! Nonetheless, the consulate has dramatically slowed down it's processing. People who had their appointments cancelled for March/April still haven't gotten their dates rescheduled so unfortunately it seems that we're in for a long wait. Is your spouse currently in Mexico? 

Yes. He still there. He has never been in usa, used any other names, or crossed the border or anything.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Mary1980 said:

All documentation was submitted and accepted in May 2019, and I got the email saying that nvc will schedule his interview on 7/12/19. 

After that we haven't received anything yet. I knew it might take around 6 months or so for the interview to be scheduled but now its already over a year.

They cancelled interviews from case closed March 2019 so when they open at 100% capacity you would wait another 4 months. Historically its been a one year long wait for interview at Juarez (petitioned by citizen).

I am also in those facebook groups mentioned by @Chintis

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
7 hours ago, Ncornejo7 said:

Another month gone by so fast. THANK God my expedited request got approved and will be updating on my wife case on this thread.

Wow congratulations 🎊🎈🍾🎉.. it shall be well.. am rooting for u.. God blessings to u and ur family 

3 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

My husband's case is in the nvc in ciudad Juárez, everything is been completed, last notice I received was on July 12th 2019 saying that they would schedule his interview up to today 7/31/20 we haven't received any update. We still waiting on his interview to be scheduled. Do you know how much more will take ?.

I am a USA citizen .....

Hi Mary, did you have to file an I601A waiver?

22 minutes ago, Daria Parkinson said:

You guys, has there ever been a case, where the spousal visa was rejected at the stage of interview??

I’m sure there will have been

nothing is 100% until the CO says approved. 

3 hours ago, hannahjsf said:

Good morning all!

I had my medical in London yesterday. It was fairly straight forward. The three ladies I saw all made me feel very at ease.

On my way out I asked roughly when the results would come back and get sent to embassy. She told me my case is online (is this something they do for all cases now?) so once the results are back they just need to be submitted online. She also said I could email them the afternoon before my interview to check if my results came back and were uploaded in time. I thought that was really sweet of her.

Did you have to take photos or do they do them there now? 

9 hours ago, HillJor said:

I am still hoping that the embassy in Colombia will open soon. I saw that the embassy in Argentina is open. 🤞

Has Argentina given out a visa appointment?  It seems they have just opened for passport services for US citizens - not visas.

However, their website definitely doesn't have the standard "all visa appointments are cancelled, we are unable to give a date of reopening at this time" blah blah blah - so that may be good news.  But I haven't seen anyone here or on Facebook report a visa interview there yet.

3 minutes ago, Kimi31 said:

Did you have to take photos or do they do them there now? 

They took them there for me, but the other person who arrived just after me didn’t get a picture taken there so I was a bit confused. I got an email telling me not to bring photos because my case is online, so I’m not sure if they’re only doing that for a few cases or it’s a new thing? You should get an email if you don’t need to bring them

Our CR1/ IR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• September 14 2018: I-130 NOA1 (TSC)
  • March 19 2019: I-130 NOA2 (186 days)
  • April 26 2019: I-824 NOA1 (NBC) (Change from AOS to Consular - mistake on I-130 😭)
  • January 24 2020: I-824 NOA2 (273 days)
  • Feb 5 2020: Approved I-130 Sent to NVC (12 days after I-824 NOA2)

NVC Stage:

• February 12 2020: Case Received @ NVC (7 days after being sent)
  • February 16 2020: Expedite Request Sent - Financial Hardship
  • March 7 2020: Case Number Created (23 days after NVC receipt)
  • March 7 2020: IV & AOS Fees Paid (Showed as PAID after 4 days)
  • March 13 2020: IV & AOS Docs Submitted
  • March 30 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Conditional (once Embassies resume normal services - COVID19)
  • May 04 2020: Documentarily Qualified
  • July 16 2020: Expedite Request Approved - Unconditional!! 
  • July 31 2020: Medical Done
  • August 6 2020: Interview - APPROVED!
  • August 13 2020: CEAC Status - Issued! 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.