dwheels76

Case Complete (DQ) to Interview September 2020

611 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I really hope they accept yours ASAP--especially since they already approved it once!

My only hope for us is that since they aren't really doing interviews right now for whatever reason maybe they will approve the expedite out of boredom 🤣

Yeah hopefully they are more staffed now so can do so 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 For us all 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
54 minutes ago, shallot343 said:

I JUST got an email saying my expedite request was being reviewed. I sent it in last Friday 7/31

good luck to you! We didn’t have a “real emergency” but requested on the grounds that we were delayed by four months due to USCIS error and the beneficiaries career which is based on the US academic year. 

hoping for some extra leniency in this time

I wish you the best luck.

Please if you don't mind and share once you hear from them I will really appreciate it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
23 hours ago, Clarebear101 said:

FYI Open enrollment starts in November - you would have to wait until then to obtain health insurance.  

For many insurance plans, immigration counts as qualifying life event to enroll outside of open enrollment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

For many insurance plans, immigration counts as qualifying life event to enroll outside of open enrollment.

oh a change in immigration status certainly does ... I read that he was attempting to obtain health insurance before being issued a visa... my mistake :) 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Alix64 said:

True. It is totally a qualifying life event.

Still, you @Clarebear101 may have to explain that (like we did in our case) to the insurance company because they seem super reluctant to any change before November. They finally accepted to have me on my husband's contract (starting August 1rst).

Yes, I'm sorry I must have misread - I thought the poster was attempting to obtain health insurance before the interview/being issued a visa. My mistake! A change in immigration status is listed for special enrollment period :) 

Timeline
22 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

Omg.

Its too sad.

I will try and request an expedite. Wish me luck, i will let you know how it goes.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes!!

Timeline
9 hours ago, AllaR said:

The agent at NVC told me to not apply for expedite. She told me it will put me in another line and nobody knows which line is longer. 

For which country?  I got told to try to expedite if I could for Mexico... expedites on my facebook pages are getting interviews 3-4 weeks after expedite approval email... 

Timeline
4 hours ago, Mary1980 said:

I submitted an expedite request last night.

Do you know how long it would take to get an answer?

no idea.  Keep me posted!  What did you base it on? 

Timeline
9 hours ago, AllaR said:

The agent at NVC told me to not apply for expedite. She told me it will put me in another line and nobody knows which line is longer. 

Well for Manila we probably know which line is longer 🤣

Timeline
21 minutes ago, AllaR said:

Strange things always happening to me. I have received the weird email that my interview date was cancelled even we never got a previous email about the date.. I checked with my husband, all the same.

That usually means that your case will be shipped to the embassy shortly. Keep us posted if your status changes to “in transit”!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
2 hours ago, Golden20 said:

Have you heard anything from them?

Nothing. We were DQ’ed mid May and still no news. They posted on Facebook that they were in Phase 1 a couple weeks ago but no word on when Phase 2 will begin. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.