Jekally

K1 visa in Haïti

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi Guys,

I had surgery on my left shoulder on the 15th of this month, I’m home alone with daughter, we paid the visa fees, all papers required was sent, he did his physical on March 3th the COVID-19 hit, everything is shut down. I have a question is this enough emergency to get my fiancé an interview? I have all my hospital papers with me.

please cause I need him with right now I’m in so much pain and I only have my daughter with me she’s 14. Please help!! 😔 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

All you can do is try - it seems that your case is already at the embassy? You can email them with all documentation and ask if they can expedite his interview, and also mention that his medical will expire in very early September.

Good luck!

1 hour ago, Jekally said:

Hi Guys,

I had surgery on my left shoulder on the 15th of this month, I’m home alone with daughter, we paid the visa fees, all papers required was sent, he did his physical on March 3th the COVID-19 hit, everything is shut down. I have a question is this enough emergency to get my fiancé an interview? I have all my hospital papers with me.

please cause I need him with right now I’m in so much pain and I only have my daughter with me she’s 14. Please help!! 😔 

Why not? Everyone requests an expedite these days. 

"What I am to be, I am now becoming" - Ben Franklin         

:idea:MSC (National Benefits Center) I-751 filers- Please add your data :idea:                          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Id1duRRByZHJmhEzl9N25GqwzcnUyLCR4e4N9W6zGLg/edit#gid=0

Retired 20 year US Air Force Missileer (Retired E-8)

Retired Registered Nurse with practice in Labor/Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, Adult Psych

Retired IT Professional, Software Developer, Database Manager

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

I just called the U.S. Embassy in Haiti, they told it’s not going to be possible to get an expedite interview because the embassy is not taking any cases at this moment. I feel so sad, it’s been 16 months. Nothing!  I want him here with us. 

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Quarknase said:

All you can do is try - it seems that your case is already at the embassy? You can email them with all documentation and ask if they can expedite his interview, and also mention that his medical will expire in very early September.

Good luck!

I told them about that medical will expire in September they just apologized. I think I will have to pay for another medical. Man! 

*** Moved from Adjustment of Status section to the Regional (Caribbean) section of the forum
VJ Moderation

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

21 minutes ago, Jekally said:

I just called the U.S. Embassy in Haiti, they told it’s not going to be possible to get an expedite interview because the embassy is not taking any cases at this moment. I feel so sad, it’s been 16 months. Nothing!  I want him here with us. 

19 minutes ago, Jekally said:

I told them about that medical will expire in September they just apologized. I think I will have to pay for another medical. Man! 

Unfortunately, there is nothing more you can do. If the embassy is not accepting cases then there can't be anything done. They can't be forced to accept your case with everything that is going on. This Covid has thrown a wrench in everything. It is unfortunate but all you can do try to keep in contact with them to see when they will start back receiving cases and doing interviews. 

“When starting an immigration journey, the best advice is to understand that sacrifices have to be made... whether it is time, money, or separation; or a combination of all.” - Unlockable

Timeline
52 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

Slightly off topic but I'm in a F2A group where folks want to request expedites now (knowing the category is banned) to get on top of the waiting list when processing resumes. Can you believe it?!

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Jekally said:

I'm sorry to hear. Most embassies are giving preference to spouse visas once they resume limited processing. I wish you all the best, and speedy recovery!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 9:10 AM, Jekally said:

yes the embassy is closed until the covid is over which is crazy to me it's only open for us citizens living over there and yes another police report and medical will have to be done. my husband and i were sick to our stomachs learning of this. I wish you a fast recovery

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.