Marcia27

Withdrawing my affidavit of support and greencard

56 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline
1 minute ago, Marcia27 said:

I have pictures of him with his daughter mother. I have proof he was having relationships with other woman while married. HE never wanted to marry me thru church or have kids (he always used condoms with me) 

I petition for him in 2017 and he was here in 9 months with a K1 visa. We married and he had a greencard in hand in a year 2 months. 

Cheating is unfortunately not enough to prove fraud. Cheating is terrible but happens in all kind of marriages around the would. 

He can't file for baby mama for a long time so at least that they can't do. 

Don't ever be alone with him. He is already thinking of how to get his ROC with abuse waiver it sounds like.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Marcia27 said:

He has been back since march. He is living with his sister. There he was served papers!

This is going to be very expensive for you....and possibly fruitless......unfortunately.  I would just move on with my life....while hoping he gains citizenship as soon as possible.

Edited by Lucky Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

4 minutes ago, Unlockable said:

Oh no. I am so sorry to hear this. Wish you could have seen the warning signs before he got here.

But as said, you can't withdraw the affidavit. If you read the affidavit carefully, it even states that divorce does NOT absolve the affidavit of support. Which means if you two divorce you are still legally responsible for him.

As Luckycat stated, you provided the US government tons of evidence that the relationship was real, so you will have that against you. 

Going for an annullment is a smart move because it will mean the marriage is invalid which makes him ineligible for a GC through you. Hopefully, you will be successful with an annullment.

TBH, fraud cases are extremely tough to prove. Be sure to have a lot of evidence. and I mean a lot. 

Thank you! I was blinded by love. I never would of though this would happen to me he made a complete 180, I can't believe he is so evil. I did so much for him.

He has 30 days to sign. one week down. 

6 minutes ago, Marcia27 said:

Thank you! I was blinded by love. I never would of though this would happen to me he made a complete 180, I can't believe he is so evil. I did so much for him.

He has 30 days to sign. one week down. 

Why would he admit there was no marriage based on love? You are letting your anger take control of your mind.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

15 minutes ago, Luckycuds said:

I'm sorry you are in this situation. You need to take care of yourself. Please create your visa journey timeline so we have more details of your situation. Did he come on k1 or CR1? did he come to the US and you guys adjusted status? If you create your timeline we don't have to keep asking these.

Thank you, I applied for K1 it was approved in 6 months. 2 months delay with the embassy in his country. he arrived here 7/3/18- married 8/1/18- submitted 9-1-2018, interview 1/4/2020. approved. Green card in hand 1/20/2020 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, NancyNguyen said:

Why would he admit there was no marriage based on love? You are letting your anger take control of your mind.

Agree.  Sometimes, the lessons of life are very tough and painful.  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

As hard as it would be for you to prove fraud as photos with other women don't do it,  it would be just as hard for him to prove domestic violence if he did not make any police reports (at the time an incident happened)  

so, don't worry about that part

you don't have to support his ROC when it comes up

divorce and move on 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Marcia27 said:

Well if he doesn't sign it will be annulled in 30 days. 

By default?  I have never seen that happen.  He has a right to fight any marriage termination motion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Marcia27 said:

Well if he doesn't sign it will be annulled in 30 days. 

New York law has a few very specific grounds for an annulment. Those are an undissolved previous marriage, one spouse was underage at the time of marriage, one spouse is physically incapable of having sexual relations, consent to marriage by force, consent to marriage by fraud, or incapability of consent to marriage.

You may file for divorce in New York if you and your spouse have lived apart for at least one year and you have a separation agreement.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.