Daria Parkinson

Trump Cuts Legal Immigrants by Half, and He's Not Done...

31 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

What is going on?..

My brain will soon burst itself up.

By next year, Donald Trump will have reduced legal immigration by 49% since becoming president. That will have significant repercussions for the nation’s economic growth, according to a new analysis. The cuts to legal immigration have come in several categories, and it appears the Trump administration is not finished restricting immigration.

image.png

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/07/21/trump-cuts-legal-immigrants-by-half-and-hes-not-done-yet/amp/

Timeline
1 minute ago, Paul & Mary said:

Well it doesn't apply to you.   Putting on "Hold" IR5 and Family preferences and trimming some old programs is cutting the 2021 estimates in half.   

CR1/IR1 is affected.

You’re writing it doesn’t apply to me and then you’re writing CR1/IR1 is affected!!

Well, I AM CR1! That means it does apply to me then!!!

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

i think people are either missing the point, lost, or deliberately disingenuous. Of course there are people on here who are anti most types of immigration so it is no surprise😆 🤣😆The point is that Trump is cutting immigration drastically regardless of whichever program he is touching, ultimately it affects ALL immigration processes and almost none in a positive way. He says he is for merit based immigration, well H1 programs are heavily affected. Processing times for virtually all types of petitions and visas are negatively impacted.

So those who are saying the media is exaggerating are the ones who don't know what they are talking about. There is virtually no immigration process which has not been adversely affected under Trump, none. The media loves to cry wolf, but guess what there really is a wolf in the immigration world!

Well, from now on he doesn’t even care about the Laws, stated in the Great American Constitution???

Edited by Daria Parkinson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.