TampaRishon

Should I request hardship for a reason to expedite?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline

My husband and I are living in Israel. He had a great job when we came here, had $10k in savings, we had a nice spot. Coronavirus hit, wiped out our savings due to shutdowns, we tried for Social security here and it was laughable what they gave. He’s tried getting 10 Different jobs and they all closed a day or two after he started working. 😕 Last I heard unemployment was like 23% here and it doesn’t look great economically. The leaders are killing people with the shutdowns and rules. 

my husband and I do not want to be pulled apart. We were apart for 7 years and 6600 miles. I can’t work here, I don’t know the language, my husband is bilingual and still can’t find a decent job. 

I have 5 job opportunities back home that are good jobs and will more than cover our cost of living, but we don’t want to be apart. 

can I apply for hardship to expedite the I-130? Should I try? 

Edited by TampaRishon

I'm a bit confused. The topic of your post is about expediting, but the post itself is more about concerns regarding the evidence. 

Not sure what kind of hardship would warrant an expedite, but it's free to try.

You seem to have plenty of evidence. 

Timeline
Just now, Marieke H said:

I'm a bit confused. The topic of your post is about expediting, but the post itself is more about concerns regarding the evidence. 

Not sure what kind of hardship would warrant an expedite, but it's free to try.

You seem to have plenty of evidence. 

It was a mistake! I don’t know why it posted the original post. I edited it 🙈🙈

Personally I don't think that not wanting to be apart qualifies for an expedite; if it did, everyone would request it and that defeats the purpose. But you can always request it and see what happens. 

Most people here have been apart at some point in the process. It would be good for your case if you moved back to the US at some point in the process to reestablish domicile and start working so you will qualify as his sponsor. 

Good luck!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Unfortunately, what we want and don't want are not considerations for USCIS or Consulates.  You are going to need to qualify to sponsor your husband, or have a qualified joint sponsor.  Sounds like the solution to your "hardship" is to come home and go to work.  Nearly all members contributing to this specific forum have been separated from their spouse during the process.  It just comes with the territory.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Unfortunately, what we want and don't want are not considerations for USCIS or Consulates.  You are going to need to qualify to sponsor your husband, or have a qualified joint sponsor.  Sounds like the solution to your "hardship" is to come home and go to work.  Nearly all members contributing to this specific forum have been separated from their spouse during the process.  It just comes with the territory.

I have a few well off joint sponsors willing to sponsor us. I’ll pick one and we should be good then. I still have to file and sign an I-864 even if I haven’t made money since I left the US? Right?

I would be willing to go back and work hard to get him here, it’s just life for him here isn’t good and without me, he’d be all alone. I don’t want to leave him unless it is the only way to bring him. My life in the states would be great and so I don’t want to be selfish and leave my poor husband. If a joint sponsor would work, I’ll just stick with that and show the USCIS my job opportunities (Letters of enployment) back home when proving to establish domicile. 

Okay, I won’t file for hardship because of that. That’s why I asked. I didn’t want to look super spoiled if our situation wasn’t a true hardship in their eyes. 🙃 It’s hard, but there are harder situations out there. 

Thank you all for all your wisdom on the situation! 

2 hours ago, TampaRishon said:

I have a few well off joint sponsors willing to sponsor us.

What do you mean by "sponsor us"?  US citizens cannot be sponsored.

8 hours ago, TampaRishon said:

I have a few well off joint sponsors willing to sponsor us. I’ll pick one and we should be good then. I still have to file and sign an I-864 even if I haven’t made money since I left the US? Right?

Correct, you will have to complete the I-864. You are the main sponsor, even if your income is not sufficient. 

Make sure the joint sponsor fully understands what their sponsorship means. I know many people whose joint sponsor was uncomfortable with signing the I-864 and providing all their financial information. If you have to rely on a joint sponsor, you don't want them to back out at the last minute. 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jorgedig said:

What do you mean by "sponsor us"?  US citizens cannot be sponsored.

I know, I just meant sponsor our situation. I know it’s just for him. 🙃😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.