Kate34

My husband is threatening me [merged threads]

72 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
21 hours ago, Kate34 said:

since then my husband started threatening me on whatsapp, he is saying that he is going to get the marriage annulled based on green card fraud and that he will report me to the USCIS so I'll never be able to use my green card to come back to the states.

He also said that if I want a simple divorce then I should send him money for the rent on his apartment,

Sounds like extortion to me. 

I wonder how a person who has no income can afford a decent lawyer? Sure he will get a free consultation, but will he be able to hire one?

Edited by ViktorS

5 minutes ago, ViktorS said:

Sounds like extortion to me. 

I wonder how a person who has no income can afford a decent lawyer? Sure he will get a free consultation, but will he be able to hire one?

He is getting unemployment from the government because of coronavirus, his mother paid his fake taxes pretending that he is self employed so he'd get this.

He now feels on top of the world for tricking the system and he is proud of this, said the coronavirus is the best thing ever happened to him. 

Before his mother agreed to pay he was trying to make me pay for this.

Edited by Kate34

For the past 24 hours he was harassing me, using extortion and making false allegations, accusing me of immigration fraud and even said that he will press criminal charges and say I forged his signature on the sponsorship documents.

He also said that I stole his and his mothers credit card numbers and the he is closely monitoring them for fraud transactions that he knows I will be doing.

He said that his lawyer said that he can have me arrested when I enter the country.

He was trying to hack my USCIS account for god knows what reason.

He said that he will leave me alone for now if I give him money for rent and to fix his teeth claiming that I owe him money because he spent 3 years of his life on me. 

He said he will not sign the divorce papers if I send them to him because he is filing for an annulment based on fraud.

He said he is giving me last change to send him money before he reports me to immigration tomorrow.

His mother is encouraging him and even said that I probably can't give him money because I have none. 

I am so embarrassed that I married someone like that and couldn't see this earlier. I want to get a divorce asap and I don't ever want to get married again.  

Edited by Kate34

2 minutes ago, Kate34 said:

Could be him if he changed the story and calmed that I never showed up, this is actually something that he said he might say to get an annulment. 

Doug if this is you, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Like everyone is saying, do not worry about your Green Card, he has no case. Just get divorced as soon as you can as he sounds like a bit of a nut and very abusive. I knew there was a huge gap missing in his story if this is him. Maybe keep that thread just in case you need to for court.

3 minutes ago, Kate34 said:

Could be him if he changed the story and calmed that I never showed up, this is actually something that he said he might say to get an annulment. 

Doug if this is you, you should be ashamed of yourself!

Oh and I believe it's illegal for him to withhold the GC from you. If he does report him to the police and report as stolen to get a replacement.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

4 minutes ago, jennywhite421 said:

Like everyone is saying, do not worry about your Green Card, he has no case. Just get divorced as soon as you can as he sounds like a bit of a nut and very abusive. I knew there was a huge gap missing in his story if this is him. Maybe keep that thread just in case you need to for court.

Oh and I believe it's illegal for him to withhold the GC from you. If he does report him to the police and report as stolen to get a replacement.

I already received my green card, I did change the address as soon as I left because he told me before that the green card is his property just like this dude is saying.

He also said that I don't deserve to enter the country, really?? is the country your property as well??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kate34 said:

I already received my green card, I did change the address as soon as I left because he told me before that the green card is his property just like this dude is saying.

He also said that I don't deserve to enter the country, really?? is the country your property as well??

Change your phone number or block him. You don’t have to deal with his BS daily. 

Our K1 Journey    I-129f

Service Center : Texas Service Center   Transferred? California Service Center on 8/11/14

Consulate : Port au Prince, Haiti             I-129F Sent : 4/14/2014

I-129F NOA1 : 4/24/14                            I-129F NOA2 : 9/10/14

NVC Received : 9/24/14                          NVC Left : 9/26/14

Consulate Received : 10/6/14 CEAC status changed to ready

Packet 3 Received : 10/27/14 packet received by petitioner in USA ( beneficiary never received packet 3)

Medical: 10/30/14 Dr. Buteau                  Medical picked up: 11/3/14

Packet 3 Sent : 11/10/13.. Had to schedule interview appointment and attach confirmation receipt to packet

Interview Date : 12/1/14                           Interview Result : Approved !

Visa Received : 12/10/14 picked up at Jacmel location

US Entry : 12/15/14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Apply for Social Security Card: 12/30/14 Connecticut

Marriage: 1/26/15

Adjustment of Status

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Biometrics : 4/15/15

Approved: 8/31/15                                     Received: 9/8/15

EAD

CIS Office : Hartford                                  Filed : 3/18/15

NOA : 3/25/15                                            Approved: 6/12/15

Received: 6/20/15

Removal of Conditions I-751

Filed: 8/14/17 at VSC                                 NOA: 8/15/17 Received 8/21 by mail

Biometrics: Dated: 8/25/17   Received 9/2/17   Appointment 9/11/17 

Approved: 10/23/18 -no interview

3 hours ago, Kate34 said:

He sounds crazy. I have the same visa as you. I was surprised as I applied for a CR1 but due to delays I got the IR1. It means it's non-conditional so you don't need to prove your marriage again.

Who the heck does he think he is? You dodged a bullet here, I feel you would have been his "property" eventually. If you wanted to get petty though, report him for tax fraud ;) but also stay classy, but it's worth having it under your belt as ammo.

Let him file a report though, you will be OK and he will look like a fool, or get charged with harassment. Keep a record of every time he contacts you etc.... otherwise block him and go through the lawyers.

wpid-1030ldr.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

We guess these 2 stories are linked up, unless the OP says otherwise or atleast tells us which country she's in at the moment. We wouldn't want to be linking stories to the wrong person.

There are good/bad petitioners/beneficiaries. So as someone mentioned earlier, there are 3 sides to the story. If these two stories are linked, I'd suggest both take a breather and seek own happiness.  No need to be bitter. There are many women/men in the world that you can enjoy time and life with..

Hopefully, the OP tells us what country she's in to see if these 2 stories link. Otherwise, we are just going to be in a hole of speculation. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Certainly would not be the first time both parties have posted independently, and with very different versions of what is and has happened.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Orangesapples said:

The husband comes off as abusive even in his own thread. 

That's understandable and can be easily deduced from his thread.

Well, here's the thing. We don't know if that's her husband. OP hasn't said otherwise. So we might be linking up two stories and siding with one person yet the stories may not be linked. That's why I asked if she can confirm or tell us which country she's in right now. Then and only then can we atleast make substantial judgment. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, Timona said:

That's understandable and can be easily deduced from his thread.

Well, here's the thing. We don't know if that's her husband. OP hasn't said otherwise. So we might be linking up two stories and siding with one person yet the stories may not be linked. That's why I asked if she can confirm or tell us which country she's in right now. Then and only then can we atleast make substantial judgment. 

I am from Germany, but he could be lying

Edited by Kate34

Timeline
1 hour ago, Kate34 said:

I am from Germany, but he could be lying

Then I don't think these posts are related. In his post, he said his wife was from Spain, but you're from Germany. 

@Kate34 Have you gone through his thread? Does some/all events, as detailed by him, relate to you? Like when did you leave the US? Or when did you come in? When did you guys marry? Did you come into the US and go straight to your friend's? Or did you ever leave your matrimonial home and go stay at a friend's? Those are a few key areas I can remember at the top of my head from his post. If your answer to these don't match his, it's either he's not your husband or he is but changed events. However, the latter can be easily deduced given substantial information. 

Just asking, in case his story was changed.

Edited by Timona

4 hours ago, Timona said:

Then I don't think these posts are related. In his post, he said his wife was from Spain, but you're from Germany. 

@Kate34 Have you gone through his thread? Does some/all events, as detailed by him, relate to you? Like when did you leave the US? Or when did you come in? When did you guys marry? Did you come into the US and go straight to your friend's? Or did you ever leave your matrimonial home and go stay at a friend's? Those are a few key areas I can remember at the top of my head from his post. If your answer to these don't match his, it's either he's not your husband or he is but changed events. However, the latter can be easily deduced given substantial information. 

Just asking, in case his story was changed.

I didn't go straight to my friend but this is something he said he is going to say.

he keeps emailing me non stop for 20 hours a day every minute threatening that he is going to call the immigration to turn me in

He has a whole story ready to tell them about how he is this innocent man and how I've been scamming him all this time.

apparently for 3 years he was blinded by love and couldn't see the truth because of a midlife crisis.

Now he is also threatening to tell that I paid my friend to write me an affidavit and thinks my friend would get into trouble as well.

He said that he will do anything to deport me and this his goal now.

His words - I won't let you come into this country 

I just want a divorce at this point but he said he will contest and won't sign the papers.

Edited by Kate34

Problems started the moment I arrived and he welcomed me with a filthy house that he said it's my job to clean

And I'm not talking just dirty, it was so filthy even the floors were so dirty that it seemed like they were never cleaned, the whole place is filled with boxes of stuff he found, like a hoarders house.

and when I said something about him not working he flipped immediately and became verbally violent and made fun of my job.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.