Pinkrlion

Tax Transcripts Received

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Couldn't you just have got them online? Or was there a hindrance?

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 10:46 AM, Pinkrlion said:

Hey All,

FYI. I received all the tax transcripts I ordered in March yesterday. So they are now being mailed. 

I received mine Saturday as well but I only received one year, idk why!

I remember I requested them by mail just before they closed but don't remember how many years I requested. I also sent for 4506T after they closed so hopefully they will send them soon.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 12:00 PM, Timona said:

Couldn't you just have got them online? Or was there a hindrance?

some of us cant get them online because we don't have a credit card or any loans in order for them to verify our identity.

Edited by MarlinCobon

Timeline
10 minutes ago, MarlinCobon said:

some of us cant get them online because we don't have a credit card or any loans in order for them to verify our identity.

I understand. Was just asking.

Just an idea for the future: I'd suggest, after getting mailed transcript to solve your current problem, get one of those low $$ CC from a bank, use it to set up your IRS account then close it or just don't use it at all. Surely, you wouldn't wanna be dealing with this again in the future...i.e calling IRS ...long wait times...mailing etc.

I'm certain if you visit the bank today, you should have a CC by end of week or atleast next week. 

I got my first CC from Bank of America.  It was $700. I think that's what I used to set up my IRS.

Just think about the future...hahaha

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Timona said:

I got my first CC from Bank of America.  It was $700. I think that's what I used to set up my IRS.

You can get it from anywhere. I got it from BofA but closed it later and moved to another bank.

I suggested BofA as it is known for how easy it is open account for immigrants and issue CC.

On 7/4/2020 at 3:46 PM, Pinkrlion said:

Hey All,

FYI. I received all the tax transcripts I ordered in March yesterday. So they are now being mailed. 

What's frustrating is that now that the IRS is finally mailing out tax transcripts, the International Helpline phone number (267-941-1000) no longer works. What a joke...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.