16 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have several questions that have not been answered by NVC (not an emergency so can't email them) nor by the Montreal Consulate.  Maybe someone here could help me out.

I was documentarily approved for my visa by the NVC in early June.  The next step is that the NVC is working with the consulates to schedule an appointment.  Here are my questions.

1.  What is required for the Montreal Consulate to open?  I know other US consulates are open (Jamaica, Paris...) to interview cr1/ir1 visa holders, why isn't ours yet.

2.  Is the Montreal Consulate even working with NVC on scheduling or is there a huge backlog of scheduling that needs to happen when the consulate actually opens?

3.  Will I be processed before Christmas?  Oh dear Lord, I'm so tired of single-parenting 2 preschoolers in a small apartment in Winnipeg during a pandemic.

Ok, maybe this is more of a rant, but I'm so ready for this all to get going again.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Emilini said:

I have several questions that have not been answered by NVC (not an emergency so can't email them) nor by the Montreal Consulate.  Maybe someone here could help me out.

I was documentarily approved for my visa by the NVC in early June.  The next step is that the NVC is working with the consulates to schedule an appointment.  Here are my questions.

1.  What is required for the Montreal Consulate to open?  I know other US consulates are open (Jamaica, Paris...) to interview cr1/ir1 visa holders, why isn't ours yet.

2.  Is the Montreal Consulate even working with NVC on scheduling or is there a huge backlog of scheduling that needs to happen when the consulate actually opens?

3.  Will I be processed before Christmas?  Oh dear Lord, I'm so tired of single-parenting 2 preschoolers in a small apartment in Winnipeg during a pandemic.

Ok, maybe this is more of a rant, but I'm so ready for this all to get going again.

Some consulates allowing appointments to be scheduled and later to only be canceled,  but nobody has resumed routine Visa services 

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Emilini said:

Even if you could ask these questions officially, the answers would be "We don't know".  What we do know is that there IS  a huge backlog.  Don't expect an interview in Montreal this year if you were DQ in early June.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

In the non-pandemic times, Montreal has had like a 9 month backup for immigrant visa interviews.  The best source of info on consulate openings is the website.  Good luck.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emilini said:

Once a consulate resumes normal operations, they will notify NVC of available dates.  NVC will then start scheduling interviews for the cases at the front of the DQ'd queue for that consulate.  I'm sure those queues are quite long.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Emilini said:

1. No one knows. A bunch of Canadians have been emailing them and getting the same boiler plate response that completely ignores that they're asking about mission critical visas and not regular visa services. 
2. No it's a complete standstill. There was a 5 month backlog before the shutdown, plus however long the covid shutdown is. Cases DQ'd around November 2019 were the ones that had their interviews cancelled when the consulate closed just to give you an idea of the backlog. 

3. Hard to say. It's incredibly unlikely, but if their rate of interviewing improves with only focusing on mission critical visas, there might be a chance. 

If you would like I can add you to the Canadian CR1/IR1 chat. If you're not interested, there's a summary (minus covid since that's all speculation) linked in my signature :) 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, DGF said:

If you would like I can add you to the Canadian CR1/IR1 chat. If you're not interested, there's a summary (minus covid since that's all speculation) linked in my signature :) 

Yes please add me

Timeline

I understand how you're feeling. Well, not the single parenting as I don't have children, but I was DQ'd early June and after reading the forums here, I'm beginning to think that it will indeed be next year before I get my interview in Montreal. My process began January of 2019, never did I think that it would be 2021 before I would be living with my husband. It's hard to get your head around and is very disheartening. Hopefully we start to hear news soon. 

Timeline
On 6/30/2020 at 10:45 PM, DGF said:

1. No one knows. A bunch of Canadians have been emailing them and getting the same boiler plate response that completely ignores that they're asking about mission critical visas and not regular visa services. 
2. No it's a complete standstill. There was a 5 month backlog before the shutdown, plus however long the covid shutdown is. Cases DQ'd around November 2019 were the ones that had their interviews cancelled when the consulate closed just to give you an idea of the backlog. 

3. Hard to say. It's incredibly unlikely, but if their rate of interviewing improves with only focusing on mission critical visas, there might be a chance. 

Can you add me to the Canadian CR1/IR1 chat please!! Thank you

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sarjb77 said:

Can you add me to the Canadian CR1/IR1 chat please!! Thank you

Added you! Please read the FAQ in my signature as the group has over 250 pages of chat and the FAQ helps prevent duplicate questions from being asked :) 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
On 7/7/2020 at 6:48 PM, DGF said:

Added you! Please read the FAQ in my signature as the group has over 250 pages of chat and the FAQ helps prevent duplicate questions from being asked :) 

Could you please add me to the Canadian group chat as well? Thanks!

Timeline
3 hours ago, YPYP said:

Could you please add me to the Canadian group chat as well? Thanks!

Added you! Please read the FAQ if you haven't already :) 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

~~moved to consulate and embassy discussion from IR1/CR1 process and procedures.  Topic is about embassy/consulate opening and interview scheduling~~

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 6/30/2020 at 10:45 PM, DGF said:

Hi there, can you please add me to the chat group. Thanks☺️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.