IsItLekker

South Africa CR1/IR1 Visa Filers

222 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, mimi206 said:

Hello all , I heard from local news , may be they will postpone. We will see 🙏

I'm not sure of your source but there's definitely nothing in the local news about the borders reopening next month. Still looks like they are aiming for September if we are lucky 

Has anyone tried to expedite and been approved as of yet ? I have just requested from our immigration lawyers to at least try . I would love to know some feedback before I proceed. 

33 minutes ago, Jade Hattingh said:

Has anyone tried to expedite and been approved as of yet ? I have just requested from our immigration lawyers to at least try . I would love to know some feedback before I proceed. 

What is your reason for the expedite? I think if you just search for “expedite” on the forum, you’ll get tons of posts about them. Successful and unsuccessful. Hope you get it approved! Keep us updated 

1 hour ago, Jade Hattingh said:

My husband (USC) submitted a request we're still waiting for a response on approval. Submitted request to NVC through their online form. Took a week before we heard back from them. NVC is on point with their email response times, per their timeframes. You'll get a response to say that the request is being reviewed and only the consulate can approve or deny. It's been over two weeks since we got that response and still waiting. The wait is on the consulates side. We hope that no news is good news. Over three weeks in total since my husband submitted the request. 

Reason is financial hardship and that he isn't coping with the separation - I've never seen my husband struggle like this before ☹️☹️. He submitted proof for the financial situation plus letter from family to support both financial and emotional reasons. I'll let you know what happens. 

I have seen more approvals than denials lately but haven't seen anything for SA specifically. Good luck with your request! 

41 minutes ago, WilliamSmith said:

What is your reason for the expedite? I think if you just search for “expedite” on the forum, you’ll get tons of posts about them. Successful and unsuccessful. Hope you get it approved! Keep us updated 

Thank you so much I will, just due to financial hardship. I am going to try and will keep you updated. Due to us not knowing when the borders will be open again I thought I would at least give it a go.

7 minutes ago, TamDill said:

My husband (USC) submitted a request we're still waiting for a response on approval. Submitted request to NVC through their online form. Took a week before we heard back from them. NVC is on point with their email response times, per their timeframes. You'll get a response to say that the request is being reviewed and only the consulate can approve or deny. It's been over two weeks since we got that response and still waiting. The wait is on the consulates side. We hope that no news is good news. Over three weeks in total since my husband submitted the request. 

Reason is financial hardship and that he isn't coping with the separation - I've never seen my husband struggle like this before ☹️☹️. He submitted proof for the financial situation plus letter from family to support both financial and emotional reasons. I'll let you know what happens. 

I have seen more approvals than denials lately but haven't seen anything for SA specifically. Good luck with your request! 

Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear this and I feel the same way! I hope you receive good news, I have started my process today so I am hoping for some good news soon. Being separated for long periods of time is also very difficult and to make things worse whats going on during this Covid -19 is making things worse financially and emotionally. I have also submitted all my documents and letter from my employer and bank statements etc so holding thumbs. Please also keep us updated :) 

10 hours ago, Jade Hattingh said:

Oh my goodness I am so sorry to hear this and I feel the same way! I hope you receive good news, I have started my process today so I am hoping for some good news soon. Being separated for long periods of time is also very difficult and to make things worse whats going on during this Covid -19 is making things worse financially and emotionally. I have also submitted all my documents and letter from my employer and bank statements etc so holding thumbs. Please also keep us updated :) 

It is very hard, the separation is definitely the hardest part and not know when we'll see one another again is different type of stress all together. Heres hoping for good news soon 🤞Let us know how things go and I'll keep you updated as well. 

Uggghhhh.... what are either of these measures supposed to accomplish? Let's hope it doesn't affect the consulate or embassy's decision to open. https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/12/latest_news/1594579677_951261.html

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center: Potomac Service Center

Consulate: South Africa

Hello...Shenzhen, China 💕2018-01-20

Will you...Shenzhen, China 💍 2019-01-13

I Do...Hong Kong ❤️ 2019-06-20

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 2019-08-21

I-130 NOA1: 2019-08-26

I-130 NOA2: 2020-04-17

NVC
Received: 2020-04-20

DQ: 2020-06-18

Expedite approved: 2020-08-21

US Consulate - Johannesburg

Medical: 2020-09-03

Interview Scheduled: 2020-09-03

Interview at US Consulate in Johannesburg: 9:15 2020-09-16 - Approved!

Visa Delivered: 2020-09-25

Arrival in the U.S. (POE New York JFK): 2020-10-04
2 year Green Card Received: 2020-12-18

Removal of Conditions

Service Center: National Benefits Center

Date Mailed: 2022-07-20 via FedEx to Phoenix Lockbox

Receipt Date: 2022-07-27

NOA Received: 2022-08-01

Biometrics letter received: 2022-08-13

Biometrics appointment date: 2022-08-23

Removal of Conditions approved date: 2023-10-26

Citizenship

Service Center: Online

Local Office: Denver

Date of Submission: 2023-07-15

Biometrics Waived

Interview scheduled: 2023-09-18
Interview at Centennial Field Office: 8:35 2023-10-26 
Approved!
Oath Ceremony: 11:00 2023-11-07

43 minutes ago, IsItLekker said:

Uggghhhh.... what are either of these measures supposed to accomplish? Let's hope it doesn't affect the consulate or embassy's decision to open. https://en.as.com/en/2020/07/12/latest_news/1594579677_951261.html

I don't think they will, we're still on level 3 and government has said going up to 4 or 5 won't do anything to help. They have also eased some more restrictions. I think we are looking good. Tourism is pushing for government to give proper answers on reopening as well. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.