Chimney

F2A seems to be out until 2021. What’s your move?

47 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, queenethewa said:

Had been saying administrative orocessing since feb. That site doesnt work accurately

Unfortunately it may well be accurate and if so it means that they have not yet issued the visas before they shut down. There is not going to be any other update between “administrative processing” and “issued”.
Although routine visa issuance is suspended, there will still be people working at the consulate, have you tried calling or emailing for clarification about your case?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My daughter is 6 years old and is the only person I filed for, the nvc email me yesterday saying they have approved all my documents and is tooking to schedule an appointment at an embassy outside the USA, will she be affected by the ban even though I’m just a LPR?

Just now, Kelly272 said:

My daughter is 6 years old and is the only person I filed for, the nvc email me yesterday saying they have approved all my documents and is tooking to schedule an appointment at an embassy outside the USA, will she be affected by the ban even though I’m just a LPR?

Unfortunately yes. Sorry, it’s a really tough situation for someone with such a young child.

11 hours ago, phoenyxx said:

Agreed. 

I'm going to have to travel more often to see my husband. Granted, I wasn't expecting a response from USCIS until Dec, but that just means the wait time has further increased. At this rate, I might have to upgrade his petition to spouse of citizen, I might very well naturalize before he his PD is current :(

Yes, I think applying for citizenship might be the only good way out of this, but to make it work (going faster) it means we must be close to eligibility

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
30 minutes ago, harden4mvp said:

Yes, I think applying for citizenship might be the only good way out of this, but to make it work (going faster) it means we must be close to eligibility

Yea. But the bad thing, I just hit my 3 years mark Tuesday 😭😭

I can't do another two years of waiting, then however long it might take to actually finish. Ugh! 

*** Father Immigrated with 9 y/o sister in 2009

• I-130: Oct 2010  //  NVC appr: Nov 28, 2010 // RFE rec'd: May 14, 2014 // RFE returned with DNA test Jul 28, 2014  // I-130 approval rec'd Aug 18, 2014 // NVC rec'd Oct 31, 2014 // Welcome letter recd Feb 22, 2016 // AOS bill / IV bill paid Mar 27, 2016 //  Sent in supporting docs, Aug 11, 2016

*** Father became naturalized Citizen in Nov 2016, sent in opt-out request, received Nov. 2016, 

• Case complete Nov 11, 2016 // Interview Package rec'd May 5, 2017 //   Medical May 17 ,2017 // Interview: Jun 2, 2017 // Passport rec'd Jun 8, 2017 // POE: Jun 22, 2017 // SSN changed Oct 08, 2017 // GC/I-551 rec'd - Jul 15, 2017

** Filing for naturalization (N400)

• PD 3/31/2022
  • Biometrics: 4/26/2022
  • Interview Date: 11/21/2022
  • Oath Ceremony:

On 6/24/2020 at 9:13 AM, MarlinCobon said:

this is what AILA has

• An applicant for an immigrant visa as the child of a lawful permanent resident who is at risk of “aging-out” of his/her F2A preference category under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban;
  • Any other applicants for immigrant visas in any preference category at risk of losing his or her place in line for an immigrant visa or eligibility for an immigrant visa under the President’s April 22, 2020, immigrant visa ban

what about the second one? could that be for us that are waiting for interviews?

The the second one is most likely is about the DV lottery immigrant visas, because they all have time till September only and loosing their ability to get immigrant visa in time . I didn’t read the whole AILA statement yet, but I’d be surprised if spouses of LPRs aren’t included into it 

Edited by KatenkaMishka

2 hours ago, Aali1 said:

I don't understand. Why is nobody litigating for spouses of LPRs? There are so many that have been waiting for years in queue to be with their spouses.

Technically spouses of LPRs are not impaired yet.  The benefit (Visa) isn't being denied right now because the consulates are not open for regular processing. Once the consulates open then there is a claim.  

Comparing the case of spouses of LPRs to DV is different in those visa have to be issued during the fiscal year.

Also proclamations or orders that have an expiration date are harder to set aside.  Sure the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will issue an injunction but the Supreme Court will most likely affirm the EO based on previous similar challenges.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Cuba
Timeline
On 6/24/2020 at 2:11 PM, Kelly272 said:

Hi Kelly272,

First of all I feel sorry for your situation, it is heartbreaking to by away from your little angle.

I am in a similar situation, I am F2A and I am only petitioning my 14 years old daughter. I believe that soon there is going to be some declarations/clarifications where these cases are going to be exempted from the proclamation ban.

I was listening to a lawyer recently and she was advising to submit a request for exemption for such cases. She explained that it should be submitted in a similar faction as the expedited request. I have not done so myself but will do so if I see that my case is stuck on NVC. My case is currently at NVC with all payments and documents submitted.

Best of luck.

Regards.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

All I got from the nvc is that they are looking to schedule an appointment soon, I wish they exempt cases like this because I really need my daughter with me right now, in our situation Is really sad.

On 6/24/2020 at 9:51 AM, SusieQQQ said:

Unfortunately it may well be accurate and if so it means that they have not yet issued the visas before they shut down. There is not going to be any other update between “administrative processing” and “issued”.
Although routine visa issuance is suspended, there will still be people working at the consulate, have you tried calling or emailing for clarification about your case?

If as you say "routine visa issuance is suspended" at caec/nvc, can you explain why in the world yesterday I received an email stating that I must submit documents for my spouse and daughter -- documents they already have and have shown "Accepted"?

Nonetheless, I uploaded the "same" documents again under the categories/headings they asked for them. In addition, they had a message stating I must submit W2/1099 when again, they are showing that they already changed the status to "accepted" for my tax transcripts and AOS.

One last thing that kept happening as I attempted to uploaded the said documents they asked for (again), I kept getting this IIS debug window:

image.thumb.png.f5748322771f634af56428b1023f8029.png

Do you think there be some kind of system malfunction happening with ceac why it asked for the documents again, giving the errors I was receiving uploading documents? Perhaps programmers updating the system and a bug triggered this request (perhaps to others as well)?

2 minutes ago, vincentlina said:

If as you say "routine visa issuance is suspended" at caec/nvc, can you explain why in the world yesterday I received an email stating that I must submit documents for my spouse and daughter -- documents they already have and have shown "Accepted"?

Nonetheless, I uploaded the "same" documents again under the categories/headings they asked for them. In addition, they had a message stating I must submit W2/1099 when again, they are showing that they already changed the status to "accepted" for my tax transcripts and AOS.

One last thing that kept happening as I attempted to uploaded the said documents they asked for (again), I kept getting this IIS debug window:

image.thumb.png.f5748322771f634af56428b1023f8029.png

Do you think there be some kind of system malfunction happening with ceac why it asked for the documents again, giving the errors I was receiving uploading documents? Perhaps programmers updating the system and a bug triggered this request (perhaps to others as well)?

NVC doesn’t issue visas, embassies do. Routine visa issuance is suspended at almost all embassies (Vietnam is starting up again for children and spouses of USCs only next week). See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html for the official notice on suspension of routine visa service.
Now, on top of that you have a ban on F2A issuance until the end of the year from the presidential proclamations of April 22 (initial ban) and June 22 (extending the April proclamation to year end).

However, uscis/NVC are still continuing to process applications as far as they can. The halt on issuance - whether because of embassy closure or because visa issuance is banned under the presidential proclamation - happens at the embassy end, not at NVC.

i don’t have any insight about error messages etc.

On 6/26/2020 at 2:05 AM, Paul & Mary said:

Technically spouses of LPRs are not impaired yet.  The benefit (Visa) isn't being denied right now because the consulates are not open for regular processing. Once the consulates open then there is a claim.  

Comparing the case of spouses of LPRs to DV is different in those visa have to be issued during the fiscal year.

Also proclamations or orders that have an expiration date are harder to set aside.  Sure the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals will issue an injunction but the Supreme Court will most likely affirm the EO based on previous similar challenges.

Well, at last if the "9th Circuit Court of Appeals will issue an injunction" at least it takes the ban off the tables for the time being. Because of the Supreme Court's already packed schedule for the rest of the year (and the looming election in Nov.), I don't see them taking up the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals decision anytime soon. I don't see them fast tracking this to the Supreme Court basically. The Supreme Court knows a new election will resolve it ultimately, don't you think that's feasible?

4 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

NVC doesn’t issue visas, embassies do. Routine visa issuance is suspended at almost all embassies (Vietnam is starting up again for children and spouses of USCs only next week). See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/suspension-of-routine-visa-services.html for the official notice on suspension of routine visa service.
Now, on top of that you have a ban on F2A issuance until the end of the year from the presidential proclamations of April 22 (initial ban) and June 22 (extending the April proclamation to year end).

However, uscis/NVC are still continuing to process applications as far as they can. The halt on issuance - whether because of embassy closure or because visa issuance is banned under the presidential proclamation - happens at the embassy end, not at NVC.

i don’t have any insight about error messages etc.

Ok, I gotcha you. Thanks. So basically, despite the ban (on IV visa issuance at Embassies) NVC would still process the applications regardless? I thought NVC would have "stopped" processing IV applications because of the ban. I mean, after all, the embassies can't do anything with them anyways. My assumption is that they would just let IV (F2A, etc.) petitions just sit there and pile-up and gather dust in some distant corner of the building.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.