AKvisajourney

I130 peitioner doesnt have certificate of citizenship

35 posts in this topic

But they may just reject your I-130. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

11 hours ago, AKvisajourney said:

So,if i understand correctly,  I can stay in USA even after 60 days H1B grace period ends, And file for green card after whatever 2-3 months it takes to get renewed passport?

Correct, you can stay after grace period ends and file I-130 packet with AOS packet when the US citizen has an unexpired US passport. https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-7-part-b-chapter-8

An adjustment applicant applying as an immediate relative may be eligible to adjust status even if: 

• The applicant is now employed or has ever been employed in the United States without authorization; 

• The applicant is not in lawful immigration status on the date he or she files the adjustment application; 

• The applicant has ever failed to continuously maintain a lawful status since entry into the United States; 

• The applicant was last admitted to Guam or the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands (CNMI) as a visitor under the Guam or CNMI Visa Waiver Program and is not a Canadian citizen; 

• The applicant was last admitted to the United States as a nonimmigrant visitor without a visa under the Visa Waiver Program; or 

• The applicant has ever violated the terms of his or her nonimmigrant status.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

so if at all i ll only need first and last page photocopies of old passport before submitting it for renewal, right?

Filed: Timeline
5 hours ago, NikLR said:

But they may just reject your I-130. 

5 hours ago, NancyNguyen said:

Worst, they may just cash his check and deny the application later without RFE.

True.

From the I-130 Instructions, p.3.

Evidence. At the time of filing, you must submit all evidence and supporting documentation listed in the General
Requirements section of these Instructions. USCIS may issue a Notice of Intent to Deny (NOID) or a Denial Notice for
petitions filed without the required supporting evidence.

USCIS says 'may' so you can still try. Maybe you'll just get an RFE.

Edited by xyz12345

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.