Nanna_lux

Spousal Visa Evidence/ Proof of Bonafide Marriage

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

Your timing does not appear to be an issue.  How much time you've spent together in person, will be the key.  You don't say, and since that's the key kind of evidence, it's difficult to provide a meaningful opinion.  "Dated" means different things to different people.  How many visits and for how long?  With that information, the knowledgeable people here can comment in a more meaningful way.

I doubt you have "airline tickets".  You may have boarding passes, and that's good, combined with passport stamps showing entry and exit dates from Nigeria.

In December I spent 1 week, February was 2 weeks and I am suppose to be there for a month in July, if they open up the international airports. 

Honestly, do you think it would best if I submit the application AFTER my one month trip?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Nanna_lux said:

In December I spent 1 week, February was 2 weeks and I am suppose to be there for a month in July, if they open up the international airports. 

Honestly, do you think it would best if I submit the application AFTER my one month trip?

For a Lagos case, I definitely would, but if your flight gets cancelled, I would include the itinerary and cancellation notice with the initial filing.

One thing not commonly known is that the Consular Officer who makes the ultimate decision is not required to consider ANY "evidence" that was not included with the initial petition.  That doesn't mean they won't, but they often don't in Lagos, Accra, and even Islamabad.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/8/2020 at 12:26 AM, pushbrk said:

For a Lagos case, I definitely would, but if your flight gets cancelled, I would include the itinerary and cancellation notice with the initial filing.

One thing not commonly known is that the Consular Officer who makes the ultimate decision is not required to consider ANY "evidence" that was not included with the initial petition.  That doesn't mean they won't, but they often don't in Lagos, Accra, and even Islamabad.  

You mean consular officers during interviewsuse to consider the initial evidence sent to uscis ?

Edited by Justxxxx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
On 5/25/2020 at 9:55 PM, Nanna_lux said:

Good evening, 

My husband and I dated in June, got engaged in December, and got married in February.  I know it was a "short" but it is what it is and I love him to death.

I am on the evidence portion of the I-130. So far, I uploaded our pictures, 3 affidavit letters, joint bank account from the bank, our chat history, paper work showing he's on my life insurance, social media posts, and airline tickets. 

Is there anything else I can add to prove that our marriage is real? Is what I have enough? I know an eyebrow will be raised because of the timing. 

You are good. I sent the same minus the affidavits and airline tickets and was approved. Put wedding photos

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

In 

On 6/8/2020 at 12:52 AM, Nanna_lux said:

Is that allowed? I heard they won't let the spouses inside during the interview

It's allowed in Egypt they speak separately and ask questions separately. You can email or call and find out. We learned the hard way on the fiancee visa and instead of going through the appeal process, we got legally married and are together here and will be together at the appointment. 

Edited by MrMrsMagnificent

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Justxxxx said:

You mean consular officers during interviewsuse to consider the initial evidence sent to uscis ?

No need to change my words. I mean exactly what I said.  

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.