JH1634

Fiancée flying to USA

19 posts in this topic

Hello all, 

My fiancée has her k1 approved and waiting for visa to arrive by mail hopefully soon. Trying to research flights from Manila to jfk, some of which have layovers in Detroit, Seattle, etc. Her scheduled point of entry is jfk so I’m wondering if any layovers in the USA would present any problems. Thank you

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, JH1634 said:

Hello all, 

My fiancée has her k1 approved and waiting for visa to arrive by mail hopefully soon. Trying to research flights from Manila to jfk, some of which have layovers in Detroit, Seattle, etc. Her scheduled point of entry is jfk so I’m wondering if any layovers in the USA would present any problems. Thank you

No problems however, her first US airport will be her port of entry regardless of what was noted on the ds160.  

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

No problems however, her first US airport will be her port of entry regardless of what was noted on the ds160.  

Thank you! Let’s say for example she has a three hour layover to nyc, but her port of entry happens to be her layover stop (Atlanta for example), will she face a lengthy wait and possibly miss her connecting flight? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JH1634 said:

Thank you! Let’s say for example she has a three hour layover to nyc, but her port of entry happens to be her layover stop (Atlanta for example), will she face a lengthy wait and possibly miss her connecting flight? 

Depends on how busy they are ( Atlanta) at the time she arrives.   Three hours is usually enough...  This is why I try to connect at an international airport (such as Seoul) so my first US airport is also my only one.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Under normal circumstances, you typically want to make sure you have at least 3 hours to make a connection at POE at a busier international airport like ATL or JFK.

Right now, I have no idea; there's way less traffic, but there may be less staff, too.

/also, I just picked up my wife (fiancée then) at LAX and drove us to San Diego from there

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

9 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Under normal circumstances, you typically want to make sure you have at least 3 hours to make a connection at POE at a busier international airport like ATL or JFK.

Right now, I have no idea; there's way less traffic, but there may be less staff, too.

/also, I just picked up my wife (fiancée then) at LAX and drove us to San Diego from there

Hello Dave, thank you for your reply! Just asking because I didn’t know if she would face more examination upon entering and I would rather have her come from mnl direct to jfk in one shot. Things here may be different in Connecticut, but any stipulations for you and fiancée upon her arrival in terms of required quarantine? Thank you!

14 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Depends on how busy they are ( Atlanta) at the time she arrives.   Three hours is usually enough...  This is why I try to connect at an international airport (such as Seoul) so my first US airport is also my only one.

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, I would rather her just fly direct into jfk and face any necessary examinations there

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JH1634 said:

Thank you! I was thinking the same thing, I would rather her just fly direct into jfk and face any necessary examinations there

No examination,  just normal entry process and a little more required paper pushing.  When we came through Chicago,  it was 2 minutes at the booth and 30 minutes in secondary waiting for them to finish the paperwork 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, JH1634 said:

Things here may be different in Connecticut, but any stipulations for you and fiancée upon her arrival in terms of required quarantine? Thank you!

Anastasia's POE was early last year (May 2018 filers), so we made all the way through AOS before the virus started affecting things, and it should be over with before we file our ROC paperwork next autumn. We haven't left the country since she got here; the theory was we'd visit Russia every summer (after almost 20 years in San Diego, I'm not making non-emergency visits to Russia in winter), but we were going to skip this year anyway because our son was born in April ...

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

5 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

Anastasia's POE was early last year (May 2018 filers), so we made all the way through AOS before the virus started affecting things, and it should be over with before we file our ROC paperwork next autumn. We haven't left the country since she got here; the theory was we'd visit Russia every summer (after almost 20 years in San Diego, I'm not making non-emergency visits to Russia in winter), but we were going to skip this year anyway because our son was born in April ...

We’ll that’s good, hopefully things settle down soon and we’ll all be able to travel worry free, congrats to you both! 

23 minutes ago, payxibka said:

No examination,  just normal entry process and a little more required paper pushing.  When we came through Chicago,  it was 2 minutes at the booth and 30 minutes in secondary waiting for them to finish the paperwork 

Perfect! I hope soon I’ll be able to go through the same process! :)

4 hours ago, JH1634 said:

Hello all, 

When was it approved? I thought Trump suspended any immigration until June

Timeline
1 minute ago, Val0000 said:

June is less than a week away 

YMMV

7 minutes ago, Val0000 said:

It was suspended until June 21st 

@JH1634PR126 looks to be operated that day, nonstop.

Edited by Paul & Mary

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

1 hour ago, Val0000 said:

He did for 60 days that is true, however I read k1 visa were exempt from the ban. She passed her k1 March 12, visa was to be sent within two to four weeks however they locked down Manila the next day as she flew out of the capital. So just waiting on her visa to arrive she has until aug 27. Hoping for the best

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.