Basel

Expired immigrant visa

5 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Timeline

Hi my wife's visa expired during the lockdown we emailed the embassy inquiring about the situation and we got this reply any advice? Thank you     

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing.

We understand that you need assistance regarding immigrant visa.

We are escalating your case for final resolution and you will receive a follow-up email with further guidance.

For more information, please visit our website www.ustraveldocs.com

Thank you,

U.S. Visa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, Basel said:

Hi my wife's visa expired during the lockdown we emailed the embassy inquiring about the situation and we got this reply any advice? Thank you     

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing.

We are escalating your case for final resolution and you will receive a follow-up email with further guidance.

Thank you,

U.S. Visa

Wait till you hear back from them would be my guess.

They have the ability to re- issue the visa but your wife will have to do another medical, pay the fees again and have an interview again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
17 hours ago, Letspaintcookies said:

They have the ability to re- issue the visa but your wife will have to do another medical, pay the fees again and have an interview again.

Thanks for the response. Can’t understand why they’d ask for another interview... then again, nothing makes much sense these days. 

18 hours ago, Basel said:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for writing.

Thank you,

U.S. Visa

Please keep us posted on their response!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
On 5/13/2020 at 7:06 AM, Letspaintcookies said:

I got the same response but I'm under administrative processes since Dec/2019?

What that means pls

• 4 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

My cousin also had his immigrant visa expired due to lockdown. He’s trying to get in contact with support-india@ustraveldocs.com but no response. How can he get in touch with the consulate about his case. These days cannot make appointment unless consulate sends a letter to schedule appointment. But he cannot get any help from consulate. What to do? Just go to consulate and risk getting turned away?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.