lsu_mike

1 year and no “status update”

11 posts in this topic

It’s been a year, May 2019,  since filing my wife’s I-751. It’s at the NBC.    Shortly after filing we received the NOA.  About 2 weeks later she had the biometrics done.  But, ever since then, nothing from uscis.  It show as for status, that fingerprints were received.  

we haven’t received any other thing from the USCIS.  No RFE, no possibility of interview, no nothing.  And the case status has been the same since biometrics.  

Can anyone help with some info?

Edited by lsu_mike
Wrong time frame

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
30 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

It’s been a year, May 2019,  since filing my wife’s I-751. It’s at the NBC.    Shortly after filing we received the NOA.  About 2 weeks later she had the biometrics done.  But, ever since then, nothing from uscis.  It show as for status, that fingerprints were received.  

we haven’t received any other thing from the USCIS.  No RFE, no possibility of interview, no nothing.  And the case status has been the same since biometrics.  

At this point, there isn't much any of us can do to help in terms of providing information. If you go to think link https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ it shows you the estimated processing times. For I-751 at Nebraska Service Center, it ranges from 14.5 - 26 months. With the virus, these might change. Some cases have been approved from May, June and July but there is no pattern to follow. Just wait. Good luck.

9/4/2019 - Packet was sent
9/6/2019 - Packet was received by USCIS in Phoenix, Arizona
9/11/2019 - Personal Check was deposited/cashed by USCIS
9/11/2019 - Received text message with my LIN case #
9/14/2019 - Received Receipt and Extension
1/10/2020 (Day 126) - Received Biometrics Letter
1/23/2020 (Day 139) - Biometrics Completed

2/8/2020  - Separated from Husband

8/11/2020 - Divorce was Finalized

9/10/2020 - New Card is Being Produced

9/14/2020 - New Card was Mailed

9/15/2020 - Post Office Picked Up the Card

9/16/2020 - Card Delivered

8/21/2022 - N-400 Form was Submitted and Case is Being Actively Reviewed

10/21/2022 - Interview scheduled

12/1/2022 - Interview and approved

12/1/2022 - Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled (30-45 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

I don’t think any one can really tell when your wife will be called for interview, or I-751 approved. Looking at other timelines on VJ, It takes more than a year for approval. You may decide to wait for I-751 approval / interview scheduled or cut the waiting time short by applying for N-400, that is if your wife’s window is open for citizenship. It will speed things up. Goodluck. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
54 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

It's Normal...just have to wait.........We filed my wife's I-751 in March 2019....Biometrics done ....still waiting for interview since May 2019.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
58 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

What is the status on https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

19 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

It's Normal...just have to wait.........We filed my wife's I-751 in March 2019....Biometrics done ....still waiting for interview since May 2019.

After she had the biometrics, we haven’t heard nothing.  It’s shows The biometrics completed.  Maybe in this case no news is good news?  I’m waiting for either a RFE or “ready to be scheduled for interview”.  

Timeline
6 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

“ready to be scheduled for interview”

That is the status for my wife's case when I check on  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

16 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

That is the status for my wife's case when I check on  https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

This is what it has shown since fingerprints were done.  

600DD323-7CBC-4D24-9521-C216DE59B6DA.jpeg

I think, as they say, no news might be a good news for now. With the virus, everything just becomes extra-slow (Especially with USCIS everything was already slow before this crisis). 

But I would suggest you that you can begin to prepare your N-400. It is possible that you will get a combined interview for your citizenship and i-751.

Good luck!

I-751 --> Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence (September 2020) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2020 First of 90-day window
  • 09/14/2020 : Sent to USCIS Arizona Lockbox by UPS
  • 09/15/2020 : Arrived at Arizona Lockbox
  • 09/23/2020 : Receipt Msg, Service center: EAC
  • 09/25/2020 : NOA Received, dated 09/18/2020
  • 10/03/2020 : Biometrics waived. Fingerprints from previous petition are applied
  • 04/25/2021 : New Card Is Being Produced

N-400 --> Citizenship application (September 2021) - MM/DD/YYYY

• 09/11/2021 First of 90-day window

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/4/2020 at 12:20 PM, lsu_mike said:

I filed in September 2018. After biometrics in October 2018 the next update I got was about 4 weeks ago saying my case had been transferred to a different office.  So 1 year is pretty normal for a lot of cases to not have any movement. 

Cateogory: CR1

• NOA1/Notice of receipt: Sept. 15, 2015
  • NOA2/I130 Approved: February 8, 2016 (NO RFE) :)
  • Process slowed down by us
  • Sent documents to NVC: April 11, 2016
  • Scan date: April 14/ May 7th (NVC said both I dont know why)
  • Case Complete: May 31, 2016 (No checklist) :dancing:

August 17, 2016: Visa Approved!!!! :dancing:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.