Jeff and Mei

B2 extension - offices closed

19 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
47 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

If it’s refused it means they didn’t find the reasons to be valid. If you think covid is a valid reason then you shouldn’t expect a denial.

from the information sheet https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/USCIS/Resources/C1en.pdf

If your application is denied, you may be required to cease employment [add: obviously only if relevant to the visa] and depart the United States immediately.
In addition, any nonimmigrant visa in your passport granted in connection with your classification becomes void. Once your visa is void, you must submit any new visa application at a U.S. consulate in your home country (not a third country, except in rare instances as determined by the U.S. Department of State).

Thanks - appears COVID is recognized allowing "Flexibility for Late Applications", although there are stipulations based on recent filing guidelines. My case for I-539 was filed on March 13th, and luckily we were able to obtain biometrics before the office closed just a few days later, hence, I-94 date was April 4 and she contracted COVID 1 week prior.   

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-delays-extensionchange-status-filings

7 hours ago, OpenRate001 said:

Thanks - appears COVID is recognized allowing "Flexibility for Late Applications", although there are stipulations based on recent filing guidelines. My case for I-539 was filed on March 13th, and luckily we were able to obtain biometrics before the office closed just a few days later, hence, I-94 date was April 4 and she contracted COVID 1 week prior.   

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/covid-19-delays-extensionchange-status-filings

Oh I didn’t realize you’re not OP and you hijacked the thread. 
There is a big difference between “covid travel issues” (your earlier post) and actually contracting covid (this one). Anyway seems you filed i539 before she contracted covid from what you said above, filed 13 March and she contracted it a week before 4 April? 

btw thanks for that link, it’s fairly new and I hadn’t seen it yet.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

"Contracting" COVID is related to the COVID crises and conducive to my application extension, although, there is zero assertion inside USCIS documentation that pertains to ACTUALLY contracting COVID-19, therefore impacting travel, hence, notwithstanding the unpredictability of airline cancellations the industry has forced which alters expected I-94 travel. I am sure there is some policy framework indicated somewhere in the legal disclaimer outlining "Pandemic" crises and travel, although not publicly accessible.       

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.