32 posts in this topic

I have heard people are being mailed their green cards without an interview due to the backup and closure with COVID19. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it only for people who were interview ready? My husband is waiting for his  fingerprint appointment but has been fingerprinted within the past year and has fingerprints on record as this is his fourth visa and entry into the united states. thanks in advance. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

I have heard people are being mailed their green cards without an interview due to the backup and closure with COVID19. Does anyone know if this is true? Is it only for people who were interview ready? My husband is waiting for his  fingerprint appointment but has been fingerprinted within the past year and has fingerprints on record as this is his fourth visa and entry into the united states. thanks in advance. 

Did the uscis capture his fingerprints?

YMMV

54 minutes ago, payxibka said:

how do i know? he has done fingerprints for each of his visas. his last time being Dec 2019 for k1 visa. I just didn’t know if he could be exempt for the appointment due to having them in the system and be granted a green card with all the closures. Is it even true this is happening ?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, visaq123 said:

how do i know? he has done fingerprints for each of his visas. his last time being Dec 2019 for k1 visa. I just didn’t know if he could be exempt for the appointment due to having them in the system and be granted a green card with all the closures. Is it even true this is happening ?

Visa fingerprints are done by the Department of State not the USCIS (not the same system).  

YMMV

7 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Visa fingerprints are done by the Department of State not the USCIS (not the same system).  

Okay thank you! So I most likely will be waiting for the offices to open to get his appointment and then we will get scheduled for a green card interview?

2 hours ago, payxibka said:

Question:  We had our AOS fingerprints done in October 2019.  Our case was ready to be scheduled for interview since February 2020.  Could we be one of the cases to be considered for approval without an interview?

Walt Disney Animation GIF

November 2010 - Met/Just Friends

June 2017 - I caught feelings, you want to try this?  Yes.
June 2018 - Do you want to get married?  Yes.
November 2018 - K1 filed

May 2019 - K1 interview scheduled and packet sent to embassy

June 2019 - K1 interview, approved, and moved to USA

August 2019 - Married

September 2019 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

October 2019 - Biometrics Appointment

January 2020 - AOS RFE for birth certificate received and sent back

February 2020 - EAD/AP approved and got the card

October 2020 - EAD/AP renewal filed

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

December 2020 - AOS interview, approved, and GC received

September 2022 - ROC filed

52 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Question:  We had our AOS fingerprints done in October 2019.  Our case was ready to be scheduled for interview since February 2020.  Could we be one of the cases to be considered for approval without an interview?

It appears at least the ones that have been approved so far have already had their interviews cancelled at least once, then their status changed back to ready to schedule a interview. All the cases that have been waived including mine, interviews had been cancelled then the status returned BACK to ready to schedule an interview for the second time. At this point I don't think anyone really knows the criteria or what they are looking for in order for your case to be a candidate for a wavier. As I said the way it looks in all other cases that were approved without an interview, the interview had been cancelled at least once!

3 hours ago, visaq123 said:

Yes it is true several people have been approved without an interview.

4 years, 11 months, 2 weeks and 3 days

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

4 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

It appears at least the ones that have been approved so far have already had their interviews cancelled at least once, then their status changed back to ready to schedule a interview. All the cases that have been waived including mine, interviews had been cancelled then the status returned BACK to ready to schedule an interview for the second time. At this point I don't think anyone really knows the criteria or what they are looking for in order for your case to be a candidate for a wavier. As I said the way it looks in all other cases that were approved without an interview, the interview had been cancelled at least once!

Yes it is true several people have been approved without an interview.

Thanks Sarge!  We know of cases that just got approved without having that status (interview scheduled and cancelled).  We know it is a long shot, but we wanted to ask in case there was more information out there.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

November 2020 - EAD/AP renewal approved and got the card - AOS interview date issued

10 minutes ago, Fe.Ta said:

Thanks Sarge!  We know of cases that just got approved without having that status (interview scheduled and cancelled).  We know it is a long shot, but we wanted to ask in case there was more information out there.

Were these cases posted on VJ or elsewhere?

Edited by Sarge2155

Citizenship Complete!

USCIS is like a box of chocolates, you never know what kind of answer you are going to get!!!!

3 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

Were these cases posted on VJ or elsewhere?

I believe there was one I saw here on VJ (can't recall or may had misread).  The others were personal interactions.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Just now, Fe.Ta said:

I believe there was one I saw here on VJ (can't recall or may had misread).  The others were personal interactions.

Ahh I must have missed that one,  but that's  a good thing though as it opens the door to many more people.

Citizenship Complete!

@Fe.Ta

You are a prime candidate then. The longer this closure drags on I suspect the more people will be approved without the interview. I'm  pulling for you!

Citizenship Complete!

10 minutes ago, Sarge2155 said:

@Fe.Ta

You are a prime candidate then. The longer this closure drags on I suspect the more people will be approved without the interview. I'm  pulling for you!

Thanks!   We will see.  As I said, it is a long shot, I am only asking to be informed, but I am not holding my breath.  Whatever happens, happens.  I just want to be able to move on with the process.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

1 hour ago, Fe.Ta said:

The one on VJ was a K1.  K1 traditionally used to not have interviews often because they had recently been interviewed for the K1 visa.  If your AOS is from another visa type than K1, i highly doubt there will be a waived interview. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

2 minutes ago, NikLR said:

The one on VJ was a K1.  K1 traditionally used to not have interviews often because they had recently been interviewed for the K1 visa.  If your AOS is from another visa type than K1, i highly doubt there will be a waived interview. 

Yes, we are K1.  Yes, I know before they didn't use to require interviews for all cases like they do now, so I am hopeful that they will go back to that trend (at least for K1) on some cases (and we fall in those) to speed up the backlog.  Thank you for your response.

Also, I am aware, even though I don't know whether true or not, that if we don't have one for AOS, then we might be required to do one for ROC (not be waived).  Either way, I am fine.  My eagerness to not have an interview now is more because of the fact that I don't want the wait to be longer because of how COVID19 affected everything.  We are good with attending interviews as needed.

November 2018 - K1 filed

August 2019 - Married

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.