NJShoreMom

After interview ready to be scheduled, Do you get something in the mail?

13 posts in this topic

Timeline

Sorry if this is common knowledge but its new to us!

We got the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice not even a week ago, and today in my usps informed delivery, I see we have a package from  USCIS- Lees Summit Production Facility due to arrive on Friday.  What could this be?

If you are K1, it means they approved your greencard without an interview.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
2 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Thanks!!  I wish!!  But apparently it is our work permit.  We'll take it!

Congratulations on your EAD, then! To answer your question, and I'm sure my answer is irrelevant because everything's changed with social distancing, but after that status update we got a letter with the interview appointment. It's very possible you will just see your status change to show that you've been approved and your green card will be issued. It seems they are waiving many interviews. Keep up posted!! I'm excited for you!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Joyoussinger said:

Congratulations on your EAD, then! To answer your question, and I'm sure my answer is irrelevant because everything's changed with social distancing, but after that status update we got a letter with the interview appointment. It's very possible you will just see your status change to show that you've been approved and your green card will be issued. It seems they are waiving many interviews. Keep up posted!! I'm excited for you!

Hi Jersey Friend!

Yeh silly me, I was so obsessed with the status of the AOS I never thought to check the status of the EAD hence my original question!  While this is all wonderful news for us, and we feel so blessed, we're just praying that we can all come safely out of our homes😷 soon and go back to some sort of normal life where we can actually utilize it!  Stay well!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Hi Jersey Friend!

Yeh silly me, I was so obsessed with the status of the AOS I never thought to check the status of the EAD hence my original question!  While this is all wonderful news for us, and we feel so blessed, we're just praying that we can all come safely out of our homes😷 soon and go back to some sort of normal life where we can actually utilize it!  Stay well!

I hear you! My husband had a very promising job interview, which was cancelled because of the pandemic. I'm not sure what the new normal would be. Best of luck to you and you stay well, too!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
18 hours ago, NJShoreMom said:

Sorry if this is common knowledge but its new to us!

We got the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" notice not even a week ago, and today in my usps informed delivery, I see we have a package from  USCIS- Lees Summit Production Facility due to arrive on Friday.  What could this be?

There are two status update:

1. "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

2. "Interview was scheduled."

The first one only means your paperwork is okay and they are waiting for your local field office to schedule an interview for you when a spot is available. It can take days, months, or even years to have an interview scheduled after this update. When you finally get an interview date, then the status is gonna change to the second one. You only get a letter in the mail after the second status update.

Edited by Ayrton

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ayrton said:

There are two status update:

1. "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

2. "Interview was scheduled."

The first one only means your paperwork is okay and they are waiting for your local field office to schedule an interview for you when a spot is available. It can take days, months, or even years to have an interview scheduled after this update. When you finally get an interview date, then the status is gonna change to the second one. You only get a letter in the mail after the second status update.

Except there is a third.  Recently,  the uscis has started to once again, approve some AOS from k1 without an interview 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
20 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Except there is a third.  Recently,  the uscis has started to once again, approve some AOS from k1 without an interview 

People that got approved without an interview had an interview scheduled and cancelled, which is not op's case. And they either received the case was approved status or a request to send evidence before the final decision. Again, not the op's scenario.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Absolutely nothing that would indicate that it will be limited to just those cases.  The limiting factor is something such a biometrics 

YMMV

Timeline
4 hours ago, Ayrton said:

People that got approved without an interview had an interview scheduled and cancelled, which is not op's case. And they either received the case was approved status or a request to send evidence before the final decision. Again, not the op's scenario.

Hi!  If you scroll up you'll see that I answered my own question.  Of course we will know for sure tomarrow when "it's" delivered, but after checking the USCIS website we determined its our work permit.  We are well aware of the uncertainty of a face to face interview but we'll take any little bit of good news at this point!  Stay well 😀

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.