hanmel009

medical expiration due to COVID

29 posts in this topic

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, Yemco said:

Am in your situation .family of 5 immigrants Visa issued in the Uk and the medical will expired in July am hoping the restriction on travel will be lifted soon.

Good luck to everyone in this situation. 

The Embassy should reissue visa free of charge,  it's not our fault we cant travel.

I just hope and pray the travel ban is lifted before June. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

How big is your family?! Visa fee $325 /£260, DoS website says Medical in London is £290 adults/£125 children. That’s a lot of people to get to £4000?

Anyway yes, unfortunately that would be your avenue. 

Thank you

21 minutes ago, Tesco said:

Just to complicate matters, Visa Medical in London is closed.

No point in them being open while visas are not being issued? Almost everyone everywhere has cancelled non-emergency medical appointments. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

22 minutes ago, hir79 said:

The Embassy should reissue visa free of charge,  it's not our fault we cant travel.

It’s not theirs either. The regulations do provide that if it is their fault that you can’t use your visa, then reissue is free.

Edited by SusieQQQ

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

No point in them being open while visas are not being issued? Almost everyone everywhere has cancelled non-emergency medical appointments. 

Nope, pointless... I'm a few days away from the 'Welcome Letter'. Have up to a year to do something on the case, so as to keep it active. Although U.K police checks are still being issued, the problem then would be getting a physical passport photos due to the lock down. Even then the Visa Medical in London is closed, Embassy closed.... Check, but not mate (we hope)

Timeline
14 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

It’s not theirs either. The regulations do provide that if it is their fault that you can’t use your visa, then reissue is free.

The travel ban  is in place by US government,  it's their decision  who would be allowed to travel and who wouldn't,  so if we cant travel even though we are willing  to , the US embassy should consider reissuing the visa for free.

I am sure many people  are affected due to covid-19 , and most people like me finalising their move to the US ,would not even have jobs , it's a question of affordability when it comes to paying the visa fees and medical fees  again. 

Anyway thank you.

7 minutes ago, hir79 said:

The travel ban  is in place by US government,  it's their decision  who would be allowed to travel and who wouldn't,  so if we cant travel even though we are willing  to , the US embassy should consider reissuing the visa for free.

I am sure many people  are affected due to covid-19 , and most people like me finalising their move to the US ,would not even have jobs , it's a question of affordability when it comes to paying the visa fees and medical fees  again. 

Anyway thank you.

Well - it’s certainly an angle for you to try argue. 

And yes, you are right, many people are affected. We have nearly 15000 dead in the US, much of the population in some sort of lockdown, and jobless claims are at a record far beyond anything ever recorded (they have gone from about 200k a week in February to 6.6 million a week the past couple of weeks). I realize everyone looks at it from their own angle but there is a much bigger picture here. It’s probably a good idea to assess whether this is actually the best time to immigrate or if it actually makes more sense financially (and emotionally) to wait at least a few months, especially given you are already living in a developed country.  To be blunt: if the visa fees are a burden, what are you going to do about supporting your family in a new country, especially where you don’t have access to free healthcare or any social security benefits, if it takes probably a few months at best before you can find work?  It may be a blessing in disguise if means you wait until the economy is back on its feet. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 4/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, Yemco said:

Am in your situation .family of 5 immigrants Visa issued in the Uk and the medical will expired in July am hoping the restriction on travel will be lifted soon.

Hi

Just wondering if you know  about the latest immigration ban by President Trump?

Do u know anything if people like us who has already been issued visas  can travel?

Are we exempted from a 60 days immigration ban ?

Thank you 

On 4/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, Yemco said:

Issued Visas are still valid.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Hello,

My parents immigrant visa was valid from Nov 02 to April 15th 2020.  My uncle was very ill and my parents postponed their reloaction to the US until late March.  They were to depart for US at the end of March when the Indian govt closed airspace. We were also worried about elderly parents travelling on long flghts during a pandemic, since they are in a high risk category.  I contacted the embassy in MArch requesting an extension for my parents immigrant visa and was informed  that they would have to resubmit medical and provide a letter explain the extenuating circumstances beyond their control that prevented their travel from India. The said we could go to the embassy any day at 10am ,  and request the reissue of the immigrant visa.

I am now afraid that the EO yesterday has badly impacted my parents. 

The EO says that you are exempted from the EO if you have a valid immigrant visa as of 23rd April 2020.  Since my parents visa expired on 15th April and they have not yet applied for the reissue, their visa will be considered invalid?     

Per this article, the EO is a backdoor way to deny parents GC and they will keep perpetually extendign the EO as long as trump is president. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/04/23/new-trump-immigration-order-does-what-senate-rejected-in-2018/#51e378341f10

I am afraid if my parents visa is considered invalid due to recent expiration,, they will lose their ability to relocate to the US.

Can someone please explain if my parents visa can be reissued while the EO is effective,  as long as trump is in office?

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, covfefe said:

Hello,

My parents immigrant visa was valid from Nov 02 to April 15th 2020.  My uncle was very ill and my parents postponed their reloaction to the US until late March.  They were to depart for US at the end of March when the Indian govt closed airspace. We were also worried about elderly parents travelling on long flghts during a pandemic, since they are in a high risk category.  I contacted the embassy in MArch requesting an extension for my parents immigrant visa and was informed  that they would have to resubmit medical and provide a letter explain the extenuating circumstances beyond their control that prevented their travel from India. The said we could go to the embassy any day at 10am ,  and request the reissue of the immigrant visa.

The EO says that you are exempted from the EO if you have a valid immigrant visa as of 23rd April 2020.  Since my parents visa expired on 15th April and they have not yet applied for the reissue, their visa will be considered invalid?     

Per this article, the EO is a backdoor way to deny parents GC and they will keep perpetually extendign the EO as long as trump is president. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuartanderson/2020/04/23/new-trump-immigration-order-does-what-senate-rejected-in-2018/#51e378341f10

I am afraid if my parents visa is considered invalid due to recent expiration,, they will lose their ability to relocate to the US.

Can someone please explain if my parents visa can be reissued while the EO is effective,  as long as trump is in office?

Thanks

At this point no one knows yet. 

Filed: Timeline
On 4/24/2020 at 12:13 AM, covfefe said:

. . .

Thanks

Sorry, but this is highly unlikely.  They did not have a valid visa (i.e., one they could use for travel; this doesn't mean they do not still qualify for an IR5 visa when it is re-issued) on the day of the EO; there were no exceptions to this included in the EO.  Plus, the Embassy will not be issuing visas in categories that are not exempt from the ban.  Even if they did, it would have the current date on it, so it still would not be valid for entry into the US until the ban is lifted.  Better to wait until the ban is lifted and then have it re-issued when they can actually use it for travel.

Edited by jan22

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 4/8/2020 at 9:31 PM, Yemco said:

Hiya

Good morning 

Just wanted to find out if you are planning to travel or already in the US ?

Our visa is now expired and need to go through the process of new medical and reissuanace of visa. 

Thank you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.