hanmel009

medical expiration due to COVID

29 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi all! First, I wanted to verify the 2020 expiration of medical. Is it only valid for 60 days, correct? My father was not able to travel to US due to Covid and now his medical expired. I emailed St Lukes and they have no idea how to handle this situation. Does anybody have the same situation? Should my father need to take medical again? Does anybody know if we can request an extension? Thank you all in advance.

Edited by hanmel009

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, hanmel009 said:

Hi all! First, I wanted to verify the 2020 expiration of medical. Is it only valid for 60 days, correct? My father was not able to travel to US due to Covid and now his medical expired. I emailed St Lukes and they have no idea how to handle this situation. Does anybody have the situation? Should my father need to take medical again? Does anybody know if we can request an extension? Thank you all in advance.

6 months not 60 days.  His visa expiration is the same as his medical expiration.   Only needs a new medical if he needs the Visa reissued 

YMMV

Timeline

He was told 90 days only. Would this create a problem if I have him travelled to US once Philippines raise the lockdown. His visa is good till July.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, hanmel009 said:

He was told 90 days only. Would this create a problem if I have him travelled to US once Philippines raise the lockdown. His visa is good till July.

Again,  his medical is valid until the expiration of his visa.  Those two dates are one and the same.   He can arrive anytime prior to the visa expiration without problem 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Again,  his medical is valid until the expiration of his visa.  Those two dates are one and the same.   He can arrive anytime prior to the visa expiration without problem 

Thats good to know. It lifted the stress. And now another wait for my mom to get her interview. Thank you so much.

Filed: F-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi

I m in the same situation,  we had our immigrant visa issued on Dec 2and 2019 ,which is valid till 2nd june 2020, we also had our tickets booked to go to US on 31st March but we cancelled it due to travel ban in US.

My question is are immigrant visa still eligible to travel at this moment ,as we are family of four n getting reissued our visa is too much money involving process.we need to redo the medical as well as pay the visa fees again.

Are immigrant visa holders allowed to travel during the travel ban period ?

Timeline
18 hours ago, hir79 said:

Hi

I m in the same situation,  we had our immigrant visa issued on Dec 2and 2019 ,which is valid till 2nd june 2020, we also had our tickets booked to go to US on 31st March but we cancelled it due to travel ban in US.

My question is are immigrant visa still eligible to travel at this moment ,as we are family of four n getting reissued our visa is too much money involving process.we need to redo the medical as well as pay the visa fees again.

Are immigrant visa holders allowed to travel during the travel ban period ?

You guys should be able to travel to US as soon as they lifted the ban. They still letting few international travel to US. Hopefully by May it will slowly go back to normal. When it comes to medical you think this still be good? 

Timeline
6 hours ago, hanmel009 said:

You guys should be able to travel to US as soon as they lifted the ban. They still letting few international travel to US. Hopefully by May it will slowly go back to normal. When it comes to medical you think this still be good? 

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. 

The flights are still flying from uk to US, so can we fly ?

I mean as immigrant visa holders are we allowed to travel  ,because  they said lawful permanent residents,  US citizens  and greencard holders can only travel to US under the travel ban. 

So I m not sure if we are eligible to travel .

Thank you once again. 

3 hours ago, hir79 said:

Hi 

Thank you for your reply. 

The flights are still flying from uk to US, so can we fly ?

I mean as immigrant visa holders are we allowed to travel  ,because  they said lawful permanent residents,  US citizens  and greencard holders can only travel to US under the travel ban. 

So I m not sure if we are eligible to travel .

Thank you once again. 

If you are from the UK, No, a visa holder is not a LPR yet. The proclamation says 

“...to restrict and suspend the entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-coronavirus-2/

can you confirm where you are from?

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
4 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

If you are from the UK, No, a visa holder is not a LPR yet. The proclamation says 

“...to restrict and suspend the entry into the United States, as immigrants or nonimmigrants, of all aliens who were physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland during the 14-day period preceding their entry or attempted entry into the United States.”

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presidential-actions/proclamation-suspension-entry-immigrants-nonimmigrants-certain-additional-persons-pose-risk-transmitting-coronavirus-2/

can you confirm where you are from?

Thank you for the info.

I m a British national,  living  in the UK , had immigrant visa issued on family based F3 India category. 

Just worried that if the travel ban is not lifted before pur visa expires, we may have to go through the process of reinsurance of our visa ,and that means getting the medical examination done again and paying the visa fees again which is almost £4000 for all my family. 

Thank you

10 minutes ago, hir79 said:

Thank you for the info.

I m a British national,  living  in the UK , had immigrant visa issued on family based F3 India category. 

Just worried that if the travel ban is not lifted before pur visa expires, we may have to go through the process of reinsurance of our visa ,and that means getting the medical examination done again and paying the visa fees again which is almost £4000 for all my family. 

Thank you

How big is your family?! Visa fee $325 /£260, DoS website says Medical in London is £290 adults/£125 children. That’s a lot of people to get to £4000?

Anyway yes, unfortunately that would be your avenue. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
13 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

How big is your family?! Visa fee $325 /£260, DoS website says Medical in London is £290 adults/£125 children. That’s a lot of people to get to £4000?

Anyway yes, unfortunately that would be your avenue. 

Dont forget the GC fee

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Dont forget the GC fee

they shouldn't have to pay that twice, poster was talking about the fees they needed to pay again. Case and A numbers don't change even if they paid it already.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Timeline
10 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

they shouldn't have to pay that twice, poster was talking about the fees they needed to pay again. Case and A numbers don't change even if they paid it already.

Might be in his number.   

YMMV

Am in your situation .family of 5 immigrants Visa issued in the Uk and the medical will expired in July am hoping the restriction on travel will be lifted soon.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.