11 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

SO what happened to the processing times? I am aware of the fact that interviews etc are being postponed...but https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ is not showing the NBC anymore. All of my forms (AP, EAD and AOS) went to the NBC and got the MSC- case number. 

Where can I find the current processing times for AOS?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

It's still there for me...

The I-765 and I-131 can use NBC.

The I-485 uses the local field office. NBC does not adjudicate it.

Timelines:

ROC:

Spoiler

7/27/20: Sent forms to Dallas lockbox, 7/30/20: Received by USCIS, 8/10 NOA1 electronic notification received, 8/1/ NOA1 hard copy received

AOS:

Spoiler

AOS (I-485 + I-131 + I-765):

9/25/17: sent forms to Chicago, 9/27/17: received by USCIS, 10/4/17: NOA1 electronic notification received, 10/10/17: NOA1 hard copy received. Social Security card being issued in married name (3rd attempt!)

10/14/17: Biometrics appointment notice received, 10/25/17: Biometrics

1/2/18: EAD + AP approved (no website update), 1/5/18: EAD + AP mailed, 1/8/18: EAD + AP approval notice hardcopies received, 1/10/18: EAD + AP received

9/5/18: Interview scheduled notice, 10/17/18: Interview

10/24/18: Green card produced notice, 10/25/18: Formal approval, 10/31/18: Green card received

K-1:

Spoiler

I-129F

12/1/16: sent, 12/14/16: NOA1 hard copy received, 3/10/17: RFE (IMB verification), 3/22/17: RFE response received

3/24/17: Approved! , 3/30/17: NOA2 hard copy received

NVC

4/6/2017: Received, 4/12/2017: Sent to Riyadh embassy, 4/16/2017: Case received at Riyadh embassy, 4/21/2017: Request case transfer to Manila, approved 4/24/2017

K-1

5/1/2017: Case received by Manila (1 week embassy transfer??? Lucky~)

7/13/2017: Interview: APPROVED!!!

7/19/2017: Visa in hand

8/15/2017: POE

Youll look up your processing times for I485 using your local field office (that has not changed).

To determine what your LFO is, input your zipcode in the top box only and press search:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Then you can search your processing times inputting that LFO into the website you have been using and then scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page to look for the family based applications timeline at your LFO.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Any estimated processing time for something that takes an in-person visit (and even if they issue some two year GCs without interviews, you still need to do biometrics for AOS), whether official or based on VJ averages, is probably completely wrong by now due to COVID-19.

K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

Timeline
16 hours ago, K1visaHopeful said:

Youll look up your processing times for I485 using your local field office (that has not changed).

To determine what your LFO is, input your zipcode in the top box only and press search:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-uscis-office/field-offices

Then you can search your processing times inputting that LFO into the website you have been using and then scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page to look for the family based applications timeline at your LFO.

Thank you for your response.

The search results in an LFO in Fairfax, VA. But that one doesn't appear on the list of the LFO's for processing times. So should I use Norfolk, VA of Washington DC?

"Life is a journey." At this moment, it's taking me to the USA to the woman I love.

15 minutes ago, jeanieCZ said:

Thank you for your response.

The search results in an LFO in Fairfax, VA. But that one doesn't appear on the list of the LFO's for processing times. So should I use Norfolk, VA of Washington DC?

No you cant guess. You are using the search incorrectly.

ENSURE you are ONLY inputting your zip in the TOP BOX and pressing search.

Read THE TITLE of the office and WHAT the office is CALLED that comes up in your search. Not WHERE it is.

Screenshot_20200405-092529_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20200405-092655_Samsung Internet.jpg

Timeline

@K1visaHopeful

I see, while I did only input the ZIP code, I indeed looked at the LFO's address instead of name - it's confusing. It reads Virginia-Washington. So I assume my LFO is Washington, DC?

2 hours ago, jeanieCZ said:

@K1visaHopeful

I see, while I did only input the ZIP code, I indeed looked at the LFO's address instead of name - it's confusing. It reads Virginia-Washington. So I assume my LFO is Washington, DC?

The Washington DC field office serves the DC and Northern Virginia area. While it's called "washington, DC" it is actually in Fairfax, VA

Concurrent filing of I-130, I-485, I-765, and I-131 (USC spouse)

Adjusting From: F1 

Local USCIS office: Washington, DC

Service center: NBC

AOS Timeline

03/07/2019: FedEx delivery

03/22/2019: NOA1

04/01/2019: Completed biometrics 

04/08/2019: Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

07/05/2019: EAD Card in Production (67 days after expediting)

Feb 2020: GC Interview, GC received

ROC Timeline:

Nov 2021: Filed I-751

March 2021: Biometrics Appointment Completed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
On 4/4/2020 at 10:51 AM, jeanieCZ said:

SO what happened to the processing times? I am aware of the fact that interviews etc are being postponed...but https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ is not showing the NBC anymore. All of my forms (AP, EAD and AOS) went to the NBC and got the MSC- case number. 

Where can I find the current processing times for AOS?

Some cases of K-1 are being waived interviews... join the line and cross fingers and pray hard, you may get the lottery of interview waiver

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Timeline
On 4/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, AOSFairfax said:

The Washington DC field office serves the DC and Northern Virginia area. While it's called "washington, DC" it is actually in Fairfax, VA

Yeah, that's why it's confusing, I guess :p Thanks for clarification!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.