Jon York

Mother-in-Law on Tourist Visa - Needs to Leave Country before 6 months but maybe can't

53 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Jon York said:

And SusieQQQ - I would appreciate it if you would refrain from responding to my conversation here. I've found your replies to miss the point and be completely unhelpful. So please... just stay out of this conversation.  Thank you.

When you're posting in a public forum, you don't own your post and you don't get to decide who is allowed to respond and who isn't. 

Also, @SusieQQQ is one of the most knowledgeable and helpful people on this forum so you were lucky to get some advice from her. You can't tell people not to comment just because their advice is not what you wanted to hear.

But hey, you can always just have you mother in law overstay and see what happens. 

4 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

But hey, you can always just have you mother in law overstay and see what happens. 

+1  

The choices are leave before the I-94 expires or run the risk of the extension not being approved and her losing the ability to come back to the US for a few years.  If she can't get to Pakistan find someplace she can go.

And coming back in June is a big issue.   It would appear she is living in the US on a tourist visa.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

This whole situation bring to mind a wonderful military saying, that seems to apply here. Keeping in mind, CBP/USIIS/ICE or any Federal entity have a military mentality, so they do certainly apply this in their every day-to-day.

This does not say that you have done this....but this is what they would think:

Poor planning on your part, does not constitute an emergency on ours.

Knowing there was a global emergency, she should have made arrangements to go home. The news has been saying be ready for the worst case scenario.

What I miss most about Canada, in no particular order:

My family!

My friends!

KD!

Hawkins Cheezies!

Poutine!

Lays Ketchup Chips!

What I don't miss:

-40 degree weather

14 hours ago, designguy said:

Exactly. OP is acting like the virus popped up out of nowhere a week ago

She should have long gone home. The second there is a flight available she should be on it home. There's rightfully is no accommodation for overstaying. If she decides to overstay her visa will be cancelled and will have to try her luck with a new one.

Especially since he was here asking the same Q two weeks ago.  It was clearly only going to get worse, as is still the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 hours ago, geowrian said:

Any leeway would be by the CO in determining whether to issue a new visa or not. For example, one day overstay given the circumstances is probably favorable, but it's the CO's call.

Thank you, I think that's probably the best answer and pretty much what I was curious about. I think given the circumstances they would view it favorably, but of course, as always, it's their call. 

18 hours ago, geowrian said:

"Restrict or inhibit any other user from using and enjoying the Forums. "

She is inhibiting me from enjoying the forums.

18 hours ago, Steeleballz said:

she must request an extension of status before that date.

Thank you... that's helpful to know.

16 hours ago, Lemonslice said:

I strongly suggest that you do not count on them being lenient, and instead do all that is feasible for her to keep her visa. 

That is solid advice. And that's what we're going to try to do.

event.png

event.png

event.png

I Am The Petitioner

Service Center: Texas Service Center

Transferred? WE WISH!

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

I-129F Sent : 12/07/2013

I-129F NOA1 : 12/16/2013

Alien Registration Number Changed: 12/24/2013

Wait... wait... wait... wait...

Asked Congressman to send service request to USCIS: 7/1/2014

USCIS received Congressman's inquiry: 7/3/2014

Notification via USCIS Website of NOA2 - Approved: 7/5/2014

NOA2: 6/25/2014 - We found out later it had been approved (but not posted) before congressional inquiry received.

Shipped to Embassy: 7/17/2014

Received by Embassy: 7/21/2014 - Status: READY

Packet 3.5: 7/24/2014

Packet 3.5 Sent: 8/7/2014 (We had delays because of civil unrest in Pakistan)

Embassy Receive: 8/21/2014 (Again delays due to civil unrest)

Receive Appointment Letter/Interview Date: 8/27/2014 (interview date in just 9 days)!

Medical Exam: 8/29/2014 (Yikes! The whole thing has now been postponed for 2 months for TB testing)

Interview Date: Originally 9/5/2014 - Now Postponed for at least two months

TB Test Results: 10/15/2014 - came back 18 days early! And she's negative!

Interview Rescheduled 10/17/2014: (embassy moving at lightning speed)!

New Interview Date: 10/29/2014 APPROVED!!!

CEAC Updates to AP: 11/13/2014

CEAC Updates to ISSUED!! 11/14/2014

Visa In-Hand: 11/24/2014

Arrival in USA: 11/27/2014 -- 11 MONTHS, 1 WEEK, 4 DAYS AFTER NOA1

MARRIED: 11/30/2014 !!!

[/center]

THE END!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.