madala

AOS - No notification received

38 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has seen such a case before...I mailed my application on Feb 22 (canadian married to US citizen with kids) and it was received at Chicago Mail box on the 24th. I mailed I-130, I-485, travel document, work permit forms and the fees. Until today, almost a month I still haven't received any notification; My 6 months visa is about to expired and I am seriously concerned.

Any thought on this?

- Feb 22 2020 - Mailed Application (I-130, I-845....) to Chicago

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

- June 1 2020 - RFE for I-944

- June 24 2020 - Replied to RFE

- Oct 25 2020 - Fingerprint done

- Nov 9 2020 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

Timeline
11 hours ago, Cornflake said:

It can be up to 30 days - official information.

Thank you for your input; After 30 days, I guess I will have to contact them.

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

14 hours ago, madala said:

Thank you for your input; After 30 days, I guess I will have to contact them.

Hope you will receive all notifications soon!

I am with you! Mailed Feb 22 and delivered 26th. Still haven't heard anything! OMG I am glad to find someone else on the same boat.

My guess is many people tried to send their packages out before the new forms and public charge rules became active (Feb 24th). MAYBE USCIS got piles of cases. Plus now we have the virus.

Fingers crossed for us! I will update it once I got any notice.

Timeline
14 hours ago, ArsalanSiddiqui said:

Hi there

I have mailed my AOS application on 20th February 2020 at 4 pm, my mail was delivered on 23rd feb 2020 at 8pm... i received mail(i 797 notice of action) from uscis on 7th March 2020.

Interesting! Good luck

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 3/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, madala said:

Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has seen such a case before...I mailed my application on Feb 22 (canadian married to US citizen with kids) and it was received at Chicago Mail box on the 24th. I mailed I-130, I-485, travel document, work permit forms and the fees. Until today, almost a month I still haven't received any notification; My 6 months visa is about to expired and I am seriously concerned.

Any thought on this?

We are in the same boat. Haven't received any information about the case except a rejection notice for our payment (we authorized too many forms) but didn't receive our package back.

Timeline

No update! Yesterday was the beginning of my illegality in this country...When I called Monday, there was still no news about my application, and the rep said she couldn't do anything. Then, I thought that since it is the rule to stay in the country once the application is submitted (unless you want to abandon the application), I might as well follow that rule, and stay put. Basically, I can't go anywhere because my application is pending.

However, how long do I need to wait? My life is on hold in-definitively until further notice...What if my application was lost between the person who signed for it, and the data entry guy? Will I ever get a notice for anything? What if after months of wait, they still come back to me saying that my application is rejected because I used the wrong form?

I even started playing with the idea of withdrawing it, and then re-sending it back (with the new forms)....Or maybe fax them an expedite request for work permit, hoping that will trigger some sort of response from them...These are my plans next week

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Your life is on hold because of the pandemic.   You shouldn't go anywhere anyway 

If you have the tracking information,  then send an inquiry to lockboxsupport@uscis.dhs.gov.   It takes a while to get a response but its all you can do 

YMMV

On 3/16/2020 at 12:29 PM, madala said:

Hi,

Any thought on this?

I had sent mine in February 22nd and delivered February 26th. I didn’t get a receipt notice in Mail until March 19. I’m not sure why in your case it’s taking so long but with this whole crisis we have going on things are gonna probably take even more time. You sent it off way before the outbreak so hopefully you’ll get an update soon. 

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

We called last Monday and the customer representative asked to call back on the 15th April. I agree what you have mentioned, the rule says leaving means one is abandoning the petition/process.

Timeline
14 hours ago, Regdkp said:

We called last Monday and the customer representative asked to call back on the 15th April. I agree what you have mentioned, the rule says leaving means one is abandoning the petition/process.

I shall call on the 15 also to see, maybe...who knows

- April 22 2020 - NOA 1

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

I received my package returned, with a 'Rejection Notice' saying that I used the 'Outdated version' of the form I-485. Everything was returned with 3 rejection notices. They have the mentioned to fully submit the petition. I am getting ready to file again, as it is not yet considered  as properly filed. They destroyed the payment authorization forms. Have given a green colored letter as well, which needs to be put on top of the new filing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.