realmadrid23

Birth Certificate - Pakistan

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi , I was born in Pakistan, Karachi. i have a very old birth certificate from the Union Council ( which says True Copy), I submitted them with the NVC?  I have interview  comming up next month, I am not sure, that whether it will work or not. Does anybody has any idea? 

Secondly, I have a family registration certificate from NADRA? Has anybody any experience of using that for birth certificate?

3 hours ago, realmadrid23 said:

Hi , I was born in Pakistan, Karachi. i have a very old birth certificate from the Union Council ( which says True Copy), I submitted them with the NVC?  I have interview  comming up next month, I am not sure, that whether it will work or not. Does anybody has any idea? 

Secondly, I have a family registration certificate from NADRA? Has anybody any experience of using that for birth certificate?

Get the newer version of Nadra Birth Certificate from your local union council office.

FRC is useless in this scenario. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Frc is not useless. Please read the birth certificate section on this page: 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Pakistan.html

The old birth certificate is a valid document.  There is no need to obtain a new birth certificate.

Do not a new one made.  If you do, they will write "late registration" on it, which will cause you many problems.  Never give NADRA/your UC original documents. Always give photocopies. You won't get the originals back...

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 4 months later...
4 hours ago, naila.arif said:

municipal corporation are being termed as obsolete , nadra birth certificate & other certificates like nadra marriage certificates etc are being required in most of the cases . i happen to get them from pakistan through [LINK], inexpensive then others and  they also got my documents attestation mofa in pakistan too. it was timely done and couriered to me safe n sound here in US. they`re doing a remarkable job even in this pandemic. Gladly all were accepted as legitimate by the authorities here.  

They are not "obsolete" in the eyes of US Immigration, USCIS, and the NVC.  The documents are still accepted.  Since the OP has an interview, there obviously was no issue.

I know many people who have used old handwritten birth certificates and have had no issues whatsoever.

Edited by ProbeGT
url

DISCLAIMER:

NOT A LAWYER.  ADVICE IS GENERAL IN NATURE.  CONSULT AN EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEY (OR MULTIPLE ATTORNEYS) REGARDING YOUR SPECIFIC CASE.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 4:56 PM, Jam90 said:

Get the newer version of Nadra Birth Certificate from your local union council office.

why?  the old one is valid.

there have been cases where people got new birth certificates but the UC wrote "late entry".  this ended up creating more problems later.

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

• 7 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 3/13/2020 at 1:52 PM, realmadrid23 said:

Please check my post about BC. 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:40 PM, Visitor User said:

Please check my post about BC. 

Not required if the OP has a valid Union Council birth certificate, which they say they do

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, pm5k said:

Not required if the OP has a valid Union Council birth certificate, which they say they do

True. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.