Commish10

What do you think?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee interview was scheduled for Tuesday.  Should, I cancel and wait and see, or just reschedule for after the lockdown?

Thanks. We are both stressed and disappointed about the situation. 

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Touch question.   Tougher answer.

My thinking; if you feel the need to cancel I would reschedule for after ... as noted already the embassy is not limiting the number of times one can do this.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
19 hours ago, Commish10 said:

My fiancee interview was scheduled for Tuesday.  Should, I cancel and wait and see, or just reschedule for after the lockdown?

Thanks. We are both stressed and disappointed about the situation. 

If you leave outside Metro Manila, then it would be hard entering not unless you work, a diplomat, healthcare worker, skeleton worker for govt. if your fiance lives inside Metro Manila, there would be no problem at all.

Timeline

If she can arrive to the interview and has all the.required docs, I say definitely attend.  She has 4 months to travel, which should be enough time for the world to calm down. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Robert EE said:

If she can arrive to the interview and has all the.required docs, I say definitely attend.  She has 4 months to travel, which should be enough time for the world to calm down. 

4 months?

YMMV

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, Robert EE said:

If she can arrive to the interview and has all the.required docs, I say definitely attendShe has 4 months to travel, which should be enough time for the world to calm down. 

Wrong.  All interviews have been cancelled.

As of Monday, March 16, the United States Embassy in Manila is canceling routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa appointments.  At this time your visa appointment is cancelled.  We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. The MRV (application) fee is valid and may be used for a visa application in the country where it was purchased within one year of the date of payment. If you have an urgent matter and need to travel immediately, please follow the guidance and information provided at http://cdn.ustraveldocs.com.ph/, or contact the call center   at +63 2 7792-8998 or 8548-8223 to request an emergency appointment.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/index.html?firstTime=No

Plus the visa is valid for up to 6 months not 4 in regards to entering the USA

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

I'm confused on this 72 Hour lockdown this is for foriegners correct? Because my Fiance  is in Thailand recovering from her SRS surgey she's in no shape to leave now, However  she feels she has to leave the 19th  before she's stuck in Thailand, can she leave the 20th and still be ok? Will she be   allowed back in or will NAIA be shutdown by then?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.