Hemutian

Notification that fingerprints have been applied to case — 4 month gap between i-131 and i-765?

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Oct. 14, 2019: Mailed in complete AOS application, including, i-765 and i-131

Oct. 24, 2019: Priority date

Nov. 18, 2019: Biometrics taken

Nov. 18, 2019: Notification that fingerprints applied to i-485 and i-765 cases

Mar. 3, 2020: Notification that fingerprints applied to i-131 case

When I called USCIS last week, they told me that the i-485 is at the San Francisco field office, and that the i-765 and i-131 are at the Missouri field office.

We had a nearly 4 month gap between receiving notification that fingerprints were applied to i-485/i-765 cases, and receiving notification that fingerprints were applied to i-131 case. Is this normal? I haven't seen others describe a sequence of events like this on this forum. It just seems odd to me, because I thought the i-765 and i-131 cases were handled together, thus resulting in the AP/EAD "combo card".

Anyone else seen a sequence of events like the one above (specifically the big gap in time between fingerprints being added to the EAD and AP cases) and have any idea what it might mean? Thanks.

Edited by Hemutian
fix typo

The I131 status never used to change at all.

Last week a few got receipt notices in the mail because they got the abnormal status update for the I131 about the fingerprints. Presuming the notice is an autosend in reference to the abnormal status update, everything is normal.

It has no meaning other than they have probably looked at both your EAD and AP applications.

Edited by K1visaHopeful

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I think it means I-131 updated and you are getting AP and EAD soon?  I hope that is the good news for u.

=============
5/20/2019 - I129 Submitted

5/22/19 - NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.