1 post in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Laos
Timeline

Hello I went to the country of Laos where my wife and child is currently residing to file for a CRBA and Passport at the local us embassy filing out the crba application there was a question that asked was the child born while we were married I check no cause he was born befor we got our marriage license finalize In the country of Laos . I scan all required documents and sent it to the us embassy via email and got a schedule appointment 4 days later. At the interview I presented all my documents that was on the check off list to the first person the package of file got accepted I pay the fee and waited about 30 mim got called up the window there was a different person who asked us to raise our right hand up for the oath after that I was asked explained my relationship with my wife I wasn't prepared to tell the whole story of my life with my wife so I made it pretty short and simple he then asked me how long have I lived in the US, did I travel anywhere else other then LAOS, when did I first come to Laos, did I go to highschool in the US, not asking my wife anything then the officer responded that all for now and had me and my wife signed the crba application and the passport application also a agreement I will take care of my son Intel he is 18 because he was born out of wedlock. Gave us all our original documents back and said we will call you to inform you of a approval we went on our way. Should I be concerned about my interview cause I felt like I didn't explain my relationship really detailed only up to me traveling to meet my wife for the first time and the interview was really short less then 10 min. How was your experience and how long did it take for you to know your CRBA was approved. Thanks   

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.