Demian_Bones

N400 RFE After Interview

54 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ray.Bonaquist said:

Look at that! What’s the point in asking applicants to submit evidence before the interview then? 

Lol I guess USCIS works in mysterious ways. I got the sense the IO wasn't really familiar with my case since she kept looking at her screen during the interview and making comments like "I see your 10 year green card is approved so thats good." Coming in, I was always under the impression that they only schedule an interview once your file has been reviewed thoroughly and they prepare questions to ask.

17 minutes ago, Downloader said:

Same thing happened with a friend of mine recently in Oakland Park, FL field office. 
They wanted to see child support evidence of his children living abroad which even though was included on his original submission they wanted and updated one so they gave him an RFE to which he replied via mail to the office. 
Estrange thing is he later saw a second RFE on his account. I checked the mail tracking number for the response he sent and surprise it was delivered the same day the “Second RFE” was issued. I told him to wait until he receive it and was suspecting it was a glitch,  4-5 days later the status changed to Approved.  I guess that “second rfe” was the officer just putting the info about receiving the documents for the first RFE and at some point messed up. Their system is full of glitches and the are humans that make mistakes on top of that. Hope your case is the same and your approval is coming!

Good Luck!

Thanks for sharing, this is good to know. My second RFE is also dated at the same day as my first RFE evidence was supposedly received, though USCIS actually received it a month earlier since I had used certified mailing and can check when it was actually delivered. Hopefully, I get approved like your friend.

1 hour ago, Demian_Bones said:

Lol I guess USCIS works in mysterious ways. I got the sense the IO wasn't really familiar with my case since she kept looking at her screen during the interview and making comments like "I see your 10 year green card is approved so thats good." Coming in, I was always under the impression that they only schedule an interview once your file has been reviewed thoroughly and they prepare questions to ask.

Thanks for sharing, this is good to know. My second RFE is also dated at the same day as my first RFE evidence was supposedly received, though USCIS actually received it a month earlier since I had used certified mailing and can check when it was actually delivered. Hopefully, I get approved like your friend

I can tell from my experience when i went to interview, that he never looked at my case before. I don`t even believe they have time to look at cases individually that they will familiarize themselves while they actually conducting it. So no surprises when she said she had never looked your case and assuming she sent your case for supervisor`s approval and when the RFE decision was made.

On 3/8/2020 at 8:09 AM, Demian_Bones said:

I was wondering if anyone familiar with immigration matters can chime in and provide some input on my situation. On January 24th, I attended my N400 interview at the Minneapolis field office and passed the civic questions. I'm applying under 3 years via marriage and therefore, the officer asked a few questions about my marriage like what date did we get married and whether we live with anyone, just simple stuff. She then gave me the 'Decision cannot be made' letter and said to wait for a decision in the mail and briefly talked about the process for the oath ceremony and when I can expect to receive a mail for it. However, that same day  when I got home I checked the status and saw that I had gotten an RFE for more evidence to provide bonafide marriage and I submitted the requested evidence on March 3rd and didn't hear a peep afterwards. However, after the original RFE deadline was hit which March 2nd, the online status updated to another RFE was sent on March 2nd and should receive it soon. However, I have not received anything and it's been a week since the status update. The tier 2 officer I spoke to seems confused as well and said he doesn't see another RFE other than the original one that was sent out on January 27th. Anyone with any insight on this? 

I received 3 RFE letters after my interview.  Yes 3 ! And second one they requested totall of 570 pages. Yes 570 pages ! They even asked me for 5 years of bank statements,  every single page for the past 5 years 

24 minutes ago, help_me_please said:

I received 3 RFE letters after my interview.  Yes 3 ! And second one they requested totall of 570 pages. Yes 570 pages ! They even asked me for 5 years of bank statements,  every single page for the past 5 years 

Wow , that`s crazy. Do you think USCIS may have received something that triggered them to look deep in your case? I remember you saying you had your GC from your previous marriage. Maybe from your first wife/husband/partner?

Edited by lucardo3

2 minutes ago, lucardo3 said:

Wow , that`s crazy. Do you think USCIS may have received something that triggered them to look deep in your case? I remember you saying you had your GC from your previous marriage. Maybe from your first wife/husband/partner?

I doubt it . My first wife passed away 5 years ago and i didn't have issues getting my hreen card at that time without her ( 751 waiver) i just think the current administration changed the policy and made it much tougher for people to becoming citizens. They're asking for some ridiculous stuff and making it longer .i gave them a certified copy of my birth certificate and then they wanted the original with the blue stamp on it ! They wanted copies of every passport page of all my passport and when i sent them they asked for colored copies! They're FOS to be honest with you.  All my RFE were sent by the director,  not the officer .

1 hour ago, help_me_please said:

Wow! That's absolutely insane really. I mean at some point you'd think that they're just in search of an excuse to deny your case based on this ridiculous requests they're making.  Curiously enough, my RFE is also sent by the district director, although I would think this is because most officers just use a standard office template for RFE's and just tweak that to send it out to the applicants. 

30 minutes ago, help_me_please said:

Here we go , RFE #4 lol i can't believe this , i don't know if i should laugh or cry . I just checked hoping for a  Ceremony notice and here we go again with uscis . RFE #4 so welcome to the club everybody 

Could this latest RFE be similar to mine and just a response to them receiving what you had sent? What was the deadline of the last RFE you sent to them?

Edited by Demian_Bones

3 minutes ago, Demian_Bones said:

Wow! That's absolutely insane really. I mean at some point you'd think that they're just in search of an excuse to deny your case based on this ridiculous requests they're making. 

Could this latest RFE be similar to mine and just a response to them receiving what you had sent? What was the deadline of the last RFE you sent to them?

March 5th and they recieved it at the 2nd . I doubt they went through everything I've sent but i will expect anything from uscis since they requested the same things twice out of the three times . One lawyer told me that they're just trying to drain me so i can withdraw the application 

1 minute ago, help_me_please said:

March 5th and they recieved it at the 2nd . I doubt they went through everything I've sent but i will expect anything from uscis since they requested the same things twice out of the three times . One lawyer told me that they're just trying to drain me so i can withdraw the application 

Did you get any notification on the 2nd saying they're received it in on the 2nd or are you basing it on when the evidence was delivered and received by them? Also, when you log in to MyUSCIS account, are you able to see the RFE letter in your documents tab? The first RFE I received I was able to actually see the document right way in my account unlike this last RFE I got last week.

3 minutes ago, Demian_Bones said:

Did you get any notification on the 2nd saying they're received it in on the 2nd or are you basing it on when the evidence was delivered and received by them? Also, when you log in to MyUSCIS account, are you able to see the RFE letter in your documents tab? The first RFE I received I was able to actually see the document right way in my account unlike this last RFE I got last week.

No the message never changed to ( we recieved your evidence ) and i don't have the myuscis account, the account got locked for some reason at the beginning and I've sent countless of emails and they always said the same lie ( we called you but you didn't answer) so i give up 

11 minutes ago, help_me_please said:

No the message never changed to ( we recieved your evidence ) and i don't have the myuscis account, the account got locked for some reason at the beginning and I've sent countless of emails and they always said the same lie ( we called you but you didn't answer) so i give up

The tier 2 officer I was talking to last week mentioned that USCIS will typically not update RFE status for citizenship cases and they will just update the status once they make a decision. Having said that, I was curious why you've got RFE 3 different times. Were the RFE's all asking for the same thing or was each one asking for something specific?

1 minute ago, Demian_Bones said:

The tier 2 officer I was talking to last week mentioned that USCIS will typically not update RFE status for citizenship cases and they will just update the status once they make a decision. Having said that, I was curious why you've got RFE 3 different times. Were the RFE's all asking for the same thing or was each one asking for something specific?

No they were all different but on one of them they asked for some items that I've already sent the first time .third time they did the same thing but they wanted colored copies instead which is pure BS, so god knows what they want this time.  Maybe they want to know how many times I've showered and brushed my teeth 

4 hours ago, help_me_please said:

No they were all different but on one of them they asked for some items that I've already sent the first time .third time they did the same thing but they wanted colored copies instead which is pure BS, so god knows what they want this time.  Maybe they want to know how many times I've showered and brushed my teeth 

This is just so odd to me you are getting requested all evidence when(if) you have a crystal clear file.

1 hour ago, lucardo3 said:

This is just so odd to me you are getting requested all evidence when(if) you have a crystal clear file.

I was wondering about the same thing , the attorney said that more than one officer work on the paperwork and thats why they end up losing some files or making the wrong decision sometimes 

On 3/9/2020 at 4:10 PM, help_me_please said:

This isn't too surprising since I'm forced to submit documents I've already submitted before in my application and even brought to my interview. I mean it sounds like USCIS just opts to go with the most inefficient way of adjudicating your case. They could have just easily called you for a second interview and sent you a letter with all the stuff they want and have you address any concerns they have. But of course they decided to mail you RFE three different times over the course of months, it's just bonkers really.

Edited by Demian_Bones

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.