laylalex

Daily Mail update: Harry and Meghan are 'genuinely happy' in Canada because it's a 'world away from the chaos of their old life', source tells Us Weekly

397 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Actually the UPS guy wears cargo shorts at much lower temps but I have a feeling the cold here is not as bad feeling.

I think you probably get used to it, which is the only explanation I have. I have a bunch of cousins out there and the guys are always in Patagonia fleeces and cargo shorts at Christmas when I'm wearing a full-length wool coat. Voldy never would wear the cargo shorts when we went to visit but he did start wearing a fleece to fit in a little more. We are scheduled to do a trip back east in late May so Alex can meet my mom's family but of course that time of the year is beautiful, so he's likely to have no idea what I'm talking about when I complain about how miserable it is. Apparently this winter has not been so bad according to my aunt. There have even been a few days it was warmer there than here so 🤷‍♀️

I will see if I can find a more up to date breathless DM article about the former Royal Highnesses to get this back on track.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex were accused yesterday of 'losing all sense of perspective' after making an extraordinary online 'swipe' at the Queen and other royals.

Harry and Meghan announced on Friday evening that they will stop using their Sussex Royal brand when they step down as senior royals on March 31.

But hours after releasing a carefully worded statement via Buckingham Palace confirming the move, the couple posted a 1,114-word 'update' on their personal website.

They claimed the Queen had no 'jurisdiction' over the word 'Royal' overseas and said the monarch and the Government would have been powerless to stop them had they continued to use the word while abroad.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8035719/Theyve-lost-perspective-Palace-insider-blasts-Harry-Meghan-swipe-Queen.html

The statement was a little imperious, at least I thought it was. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Well the one thing we can be certain of is that this will go on and on.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, laylalex said:

Supposedly they are very much in love. This is not what I have heard. :lol: I know I should talk, but to be fair to myself, at least Voldy and I were the same age.

At least you finally came out and admitted you did it for the money.

#progress

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

#progress

Hmm, having read much of this story, waiting for the Audiobook, I think that may be a stretch.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Just now, Voice of Reason said:

#progress

I was waiting to see if you caught that. :lol: No, I didn't marry him for the money. I really did love him, more fool me. Look, the money certainly made life easy, or easier. He certainly threw a lot of it at me before I agreed to marry him (both times). But we got married because we wanted to make a life together, and it was impossible (or at least difficult) to do that without getting married given that we were from two different countries. Nothing so out of line with anyone else's story. :) 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

Hmm, having read much of this story, waiting for the Audiobook, I think that may be a stretch.

See? You were right.

Timeline

A stopped clock is correct twice a day.

Filed: Timeline
13 minutes ago, laylalex said:

I was waiting to see if you caught that. :lol: No, I didn't marry him for the money. I really did love him, more fool me. Look, the money certainly made life easy, or easier. He certainly threw a lot of it at me before I agreed to marry him (both times). But we got married because we wanted to make a life together, and it was impossible (or at least difficult) to do that without getting married given that we were from two different countries. Nothing so out of line with anyone else's story. :) 

Poppycock.  Money is a BIG attractant.  Makes a lot of bad habits more... palatable.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Poppycock.  Money is a BIG attractant.  Makes a lot of bad habits more... palatable.

Somebody has been reading Pride and Prejudice.

Look, I was willing to overlook a bunch of things about Voldy because I was young and inexperienced and didn't trust my gut. I had a chance with Alex that I passed up because I was easily impressed by Voldy's apologies and promises to take care of me. It was pretty stupid but love can make people do stupid, shortsighted things. I overlooked about a million red flags because I truly thought if I hoped for the best, everything would work out. I also felt like I owed it to Voldy after all the stuff he'd bought me over the years. I was really wrong. YES, the money made him look like a safer bet than someone who was only a junior analyst at the time. 

TL:DR: Layla learned a lesson that money can make problems seem to fade away without actually removing them.

39 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Look, I was willing to overlook a bunch of things about Voldy because I was young and inexperienced and didn't trust my gut. I had a chance with Alex that I passed up because I was easily impressed by Voldy's apologies and promises to take care of me. It was pretty stupid but love can make people do stupid, shortsighted things. I overlooked about a million red flags because I truly thought if I hoped for the best, everything would work out. I also felt like I owed it to Voldy after all the stuff he'd bought me over the years. I was really wrong. YES, the money made him look like a safer bet than someone who was only a junior analyst at the time. 

TL:DR: Layla learned a lesson that money can make problems seem to fade away without actually removing them.

Still waiting for my Netflix to be paid for this month.....

4 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

Still waiting for my Netflix to be paid for this month.....

Netflix doesn't take Dogecoin, and that's what I had put aside to pay your bill. :(