laylalex

Daily Mail update: Harry and Meghan are 'genuinely happy' in Canada because it's a 'world away from the chaos of their old life', source tells Us Weekly

397 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

Doesn't it seem kind of dumb in this age of equality,  we have people that are still born of noble birth. The whole idea is offensive. 

US does it differently but sort of amused me when I came here in some respects it is more pronounced than I felt it in the UK. No it is not possible to do a direct comparison but all the different membership levels, different type of credit cards etc all being sold to make you look or feel superior.

And then the Monarchy thing and I would point out that at least we have taken most of the power away from ours.

h-HNkFJzj6DjzosfYiNQhE9_Y6X2UUCSdieGhH4q

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

5 hours ago, Boiler said:

US does it differently but sort of amused me when I came here in some respects it is more pronounced than I felt it in the UK. No it is not possible to do a direct comparison but all the different membership levels, different type of credit cards etc all being sold to make you look or feel superior.

And then the Monarchy thing and I would point out that at least we have taken most of the power away from ours.

h-HNkFJzj6DjzosfYiNQhE9_Y6X2UUCSdieGhH4q

I get what you mean, but I have never been made to feel like I was "less than" anywhere more than by extremely smart people (i.e. posh -- since posh people do not call themselves "posh," much like one should not say "toilet" but "loo" instead). I am okay with being hopelessly middle class as it turns out! :D 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
12 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

we have people that are still born of noble birth.

That's right, you peasant.

Peon, n. - a peon is someone you pee on.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Boiler, the DM is currently very pro-Lady Kitty Spencer marrying a man more than twice her age, but the people in the comments aren't having any of it. Rumor is that it's for the ££££££££££££ but the DM could never be so gauche as to mention that, unless they're talking about the Duchess of Sussex.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Boiler, the DM is currently very pro-Lady Kitty Spencer marrying a man more than twice her age, but the people in the comments aren't having any of it. Rumor is that it's for the ££££££££££££ but the DM could never be so gauche as to mention that, unless they're talking about the Duchess of Sussex.

Do we know what attracted her to the Multimillionaire?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

7 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Do we know what attracted her to the Multimillionaire?

Supposedly they are very much in love. This is not what I have heard. :lol: I know I should talk, but to be fair to myself, at least Voldy and I were the same age.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Supposedly they are very much in love. This is not what I have heard. :lol: I know I should talk, but to be fair to myself, at least Voldy and I were the same age.

As someone who was recently compared to Voldy's Mum, probably best to leave that out of the issue.

Perhaps she has daddy issues, OK I do not know who she is, just googled her photo and she looks attractive and about 30 and he is it seems in his 60's.

To be honest we such gaps here on VJ not uncommonly.

Edited by Boiler

4 minutes ago, Boiler said:

As someone who was recently compared to Voldy's Mum, probably best to leave that out of the issue.

Perhaps she has daddy issues, OK I do not know who she is, just googled her photo and she looks attractive and about 30 and he is it seems in his 60's.

To be honest we such gaps here on VJ not uncommonly.

He is 61 and she is 29, so you are pretty much on the money. I don't have an issue with age gaps, particularly where people are grownup ages like theirs. It's just the gossip that I've heard from people who are over there about their relationship. There's also nothing wrong with marrying for money, as long as everyone agrees to it. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, laylalex said:

He is 61 and she is 29, so you are pretty much on the money. I don't have an issue with age gaps, particularly where people are grownup ages like theirs. It's just the gossip that I've heard from people who are over there about their relationship. There's also nothing wrong with marrying for money, as long as everyone agrees to it. 

Very much a And? type story, unless the gossip has a more interesting story behind everything.

Wonder what her Parents think?

3 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Very much a And? type story, unless the gossip has a more interesting story behind everything.

Wonder what her Parents think?

The parents are messes. I think Lady Kitty's probably got her head screwed on a lot tighter. 

The gossip I hear is from people who are friends of friends of Lady Kitty (probably more like acquaintances of friends), so who knows whether any of it is real. It's that she has serious daddy issues and that she made it look too much like a blatant money grab. 

Why do I even care? :lol: 

Timeline

It is your responsibility to this site to monitor matters of interest in the DM.

Blowing a gale, cold, and all the snow we had last weekend is going horizontally, I need to go out and not sure I can make it down my drive.

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

It is your responsibility to this site to monitor matters of interest in the DM.

Blowing a gale, cold, and all the snow we had last weekend is going horizontally, I need to go out and not sure I can make it down my drive.

Oh that sucks. It's going to be 67F here today and it's a little hazy. I was out this morning running errands and it was about 55F. Stay warm!

I have a local Santa Monica story I'm about to post. I'll try to find a version with video so you can see what the weather was like yesterday.

Timeline

Should hit 20f today, next 2 days look like they might not be too cold but shoveling snow keeps you warm of the wind dies down.

10 minutes ago, Boiler said:

Should hit 20f today, next 2 days look like they might not be too cold but shoveling snow keeps you warm of the wind dies down.

I remember New England winters. I did three of them and while they never got super bad like Colorado, I know I was not cut out for living there. So much slush. :dead: My mom is from that part of the world and when she got into med school out here she jumped at the chance to leave. When I visit in the winter (haven't in a while) I am subjected to all sorts of crazy cold-weather people stuff, like relatives who insist on sleeping with the window cracked open in December because it's good for your health, or walking around in cargo shorts (yuck) in 40F because that's "warm" even though there's melting snow everywhere. 

Timeline

Actually the UPS guy wears cargo shorts at much lower temps but I have a feeling the cold here is not as bad feeling.