mary_ann

February 2020 filer for I130 - Parents

138 posts in this topic

• 3 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone. Long time no see 😊 I hope yall are well.

My mom and dad had their joint interview at the HCMC consulate on April 19, and I was asked to resubmit my i-864, which I uploaded to the NVC portal on the same day. We patiently waited for a couple weeks, and got the good news today from the consulate (they called my parents): "Your immigrant visa applications are approved. Please mail in your passports for visa issuance." 🎉

I was quite surprised on how fast their applications moved. I wish everyone a pleasant visa journey as well.

-Thao

David & Thao

First Date: 10/17/2012

Engaged: 05/01/2014

Married: 03/26/2015

---------------------------N-400 Status

Sent: 09/08/2018

NOA: 09/08/2018

Bio Appt:

---------------------------ROC Status

Sent: 09/08/2017

Received: 09/11/2017

NOA: 09/11/2017

Bio Appt: 10/03/2017

---------------------------AOS Status

Sent: 04/24/2015

Received: 04/27/2015

NOA: 05/01/2015

Bio Appt: 05/19/2015

EAD received: 06/16/2015

Interview Approved: 12/07/2015

[God is walking with us on our love journey...] 

Timeline
On 1/28/2021 at 5:25 PM, JohnNHenry said:

Hi Vietnamese friends, 

do you know how long it takes from the time NVC approve your DS-260 form to the time your parents get the interview notice from the consulate in HCMC?

Thanks

Sorry for the late reply.

Due to CoVid, my parents' applications were in DQ idle mode 😅 from September and November last year and only got to the HCMC consulate in March. They scheduled both my parents for an interview on April 19.

I hope that helps.

On 2/3/2021 at 12:07 PM, zcorner19 said:

Hello there,

applying for my mom who lives overseas, im applying online, im stuck to where to attach her passport photographs. any help will be greatly appreciated.

thank you

We scanned the photos and uploaded them on the NVC website.

David & Thao

Bio Appt:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
20 hours ago, DavidnThao said:

Sorry for the late reply.

Due to CoVid, my parents' applications were in DQ idle mode 😅 from September and November last year and only got to the HCMC consulate in March. They scheduled both my parents for an interview on April 19.

I hope that helps.

We scanned the photos and uploaded them on the NVC website.

Thanks Thao,

They scheduled my mom interview as well. Unfortunately, she was not able to get all the vaccines at the same time, she was asked to come back to get the other vaccine in the end of May when her interview is May 18. Do you think they will still consider to approve her case and she can get all the vaccines when she comes to the US or she will be rejected?

Thanks

Henry N Giddens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
20 hours ago, DavidnThao said:

Hi everyone. Long time no see 😊 I hope yall are well.

My mom and dad had their joint interview at the HCMC consulate on April 19, and I was asked to resubmit my i-864, which I uploaded to the NVC portal on the same day. We patiently waited for a couple weeks, and got the good news today from the consulate (they called my parents): "Your immigrant visa applications are approved. Please mail in your passports for visa issuance." 🎉

I was quite surprised on how fast their applications moved. I wish everyone a pleasant visa journey as well.

-Thao

Hi Thao,

Did you re-submit the same file or had to redo and resubmit an updated form?

Thanks

Hoang

Henry N Giddens

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Can not be approved without a complete medical.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
43 minutes ago, JohnNHenry said:

Hi Thao,

Did you re-submit the same file or had to redo and resubmit an updated form?

Thanks

Hoang

Hi Hoang,

I initially filed i-864ez forms, and they were accepted by the NVC. However, at my parents' interview, the consulate officer asked me to submit i-864 instead, so I completed that form and uploaded it (together with updated 2020 W2, paystubs, and tax transcript) on the NVC website.

The officer will give out instructions in case he/she needs more information from you.

Best regards,

Thao

David & Thao

Bio Appt:

Timeline
1 hour ago, JohnNHenry said:

Thanks Thao,

They scheduled my mom interview as well. Unfortunately, she was not able to get all the vaccines at the same time, she was asked to come back to get the other vaccine in the end of May when her interview is May 18. Do you think they will still consider to approve her case and she can get all the vaccines when she comes to the US or she will be rejected?

A lady friend of my mom's went to her immigrant interview on 4/5 without her vaccination records and got the R1 form. After she got her vax, she mailed the record together with her passport to the consulate and completed her case.

I would say, your mom would definitely need her vax record, but she can go to the interview without it and resubmit it after.

By the way, that vaccine site is always busy and only accept phone appointments at this time 🙄

David & Thao

Bio Appt:

• 2 months later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi I do have an update, my Father was DQ’d May and for my Mom they asked to resubmit the 1-864 because I was missing the 10th page. She was DQ’d as well only this month. Now we are just waiting for the interview dates, and I hope they would still get the same dates.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

My father had interview on July 22, 2021 in Jerusalem (process started Feb 11, 2020). But there was one issue. Maybe someone had experience getting a FOREIGN police certificate. My father was asked by immigration officer to bring a FOREIGN police certificate from Togo, Kenya. He used to work in Africa for 5 years, he is not African citizen. He is Israeli citizen and his interview is in Jerusalem.
My question is how does he get a FOREIGN certificate from Togo, Kenya? He stopped working in Africa 2 years ago. Maybe someone had the same issue? Thank you!! Any advice would be helpful!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/29/2021 at 8:28 AM, mary_ann said:

Hi I do have an update, my Father was DQ’d May and for my Mom they asked to resubmit the 1-864 because I was missing the 10th page. She was DQ’d as well only this month. Now we are just waiting for the interview dates, and I hope they would still get the same dates.

Hi! Hows the process going?

Does your parents have interview dates now?

I am so confused with my case RN. I just got a message from NVC three days ago asking for my joint sponsor's w-2. I sent them yesterday. 

I dont know if NVC will have to place me back on line or they'll review it again as soon as I submitted it. 

How long did you wait after you re-submit the I-864 to be Documentarily Qualified?

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/30/2021 at 2:33 PM, Chairmaine said:

Hi! Hows the process going?

Does your parents have interview dates now?

I am so confused with my case RN. I just got a message from NVC three days ago asking for my joint sponsor's w-2. I sent them yesterday. 

I dont know if NVC will have to place me back on line or they'll review it again as soon as I submitted it. 

How long did you wait after you re-submit the I-864 to be Documentarily Qualified?

Hello, my parents are still waiting for their interview dates. Unfortunately mine got reviewed after like a month or two once you submit the documents they want. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 10/26/2021 at 8:40 PM, mary_ann said:

Hello, my parents are still waiting for their interview dates. Unfortunately mine got reviewed after like a month or two once you submit the documents they want. 

Hello!

Did your parents got interviewed already? How long did you wait from DQ to interview date?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Chairmaine said:

Hello!

Did your parents got interviewed already? How long did you wait from DQ to interview date?

Hi, my parents are still waiting for their interview dates 😞 I think if not for Covid, we should be looking at 6 months to 1 year processing. Our case will be 2 years already by February. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, mary_ann said:

Hi, my parents are still waiting for their interview dates 😞 I think if not for Covid, we should be looking at 6 months to 1 year processing. Our case will be 2 years already by February. 

Oh no, thats too long. Which embassy is it for?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.