mary_ann

February 2020 filer for I130 - Parents

138 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello, I would just like to start this thread for February filers. Filed I130 thru online for both of my parents Feb 06 with IOE Receipt number. Would that be my priority date? Hoping it will not be that long for processing. 

4 hours ago, mary_ann said:

Hello, I would just like to start this thread for February filers. Filed I130 thru online for both of my parents Feb 06 with IOE Receipt number. Would that be my priority date? Hoping it will not be that long for processing. 

Did you have to submit any documents? I want to petition my mother but first I want to make sure I have everything they would ask me for, my mom is in the Dominican Republic. Good luck with your application.

Edited by AlfNel23

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
5 hours ago, mary_ann said:

Hi Mary_ann - Do you submit two I-130 one for your mom and one for you dad? or just one application ? I am planning to file I-130 this year when I get my citizenship. Thanks for your help in advance.

I-751 Process:

VSC received Petition: June 18, 2018
NOA Date: June 20, 2018
Biometrics Date: July 26, 2018
Approval Date: July 12, 2019
Card received Date: July 20, 2019

N-400 Process:
N400 filed online: July 20, 2019
Biometrics Date: August 12, 2019
Interview Date: October 6, 2020
Approval Date: October 9, 2020
Oath Ceremony scheduled notice: October 14, 2020
Oath Ceremony Date: November 24, 2020

Timeline
1 hour ago, AlfNel23 said:

Did you have to submit any documents? I want to petition my mother but first I want to make sure I have everything they would ask me for, my mom is in the Dominican Republic. Good luck with your application.

Thank you! Yes I submitted scanned naturalization certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. it will ask you at the end to upload necessary evidence for your petition.

5 minutes ago, Gijo12 said:

Hi Mary_ann - Do you submit two I-130 one for your mom and one for you dad? or just one application ? I am planning to file I-130 this year when I get my citizenship. Thanks for your help in advance.

Yes I did my applications separately, one for each beneficiary. 

Filed: I-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi 

my son has just filed for myself online............ feedback gives varying time scales. My concern is not around that its around its around setting up a bank account etc when i have no fixed address etc.  Any advice on how to do that would be really appreciated 

Timeline
On 2/11/2020 at 8:51 AM, Carlosxox said:

Hi 

my son has just filed for myself online............ feedback gives varying time scales. My concern is not around that its around its around setting up a bank account etc when i have no fixed address etc.  Any advice on how to do that would be really appreciated 

Sorry I’m not sure about that.. are you outside the U.S.? I’m not an expert but I’ve read you are fine as long as your petitioner/sponsor’s household income is above 125% income poverty guideline. 

https://www.uscis.gov/i-864p

Thank you for starting this thread! I was thinking to file I 130 for my parents online. I don't see anywhere asking them to put beneficiary's (Dad's) passport. 

I see the section for Petitioner to put my birth certificate, my passport, but I don't see anywhere to add my Dad's passport. 

Can someone please advice/ help?

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 2/12/2020 at 8:44 PM, rajeesingh said:

Thank you for starting this thread! I was thinking to file I 130 for my parents online. I don't see anywhere asking them to put beneficiary's (Dad's) passport. 

I see the section for Petitioner to put my birth certificate, my passport, but I don't see anywhere to add my Dad's passport. 

Can someone please advice/ help?

I am sorry this is so late.. but i Just attached my parents passport on the other documents section

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi guys,

I filed for my mom on Feb 18. I think mine was sent to Texas service center..

Wondering if USCIS still processes our case during this pandemic time.(hopefully so)

good luck to all of us!

Henry N Giddens

Timeline
3 hours ago, JohnNHenry said:

Hi guys,

I filed for my mom on Feb 18. I think mine was sent to Texas service center..

Wondering if USCIS still processes our case during this pandemic time.(hopefully so)

good luck to all of us!

Hello! Looks like they are still processing our cases. Suprisingly, My mother’s case was approved on April 27. I received an Email from NVC with all the case number and Invoice number, but still waiting for my father’s. Both my parents case was originally sent to Nebraska but when I read the approval notice it is now potomac center.

1 hour ago, mary_ann said:

Hello! Looks like they are still processing our cases. Suprisingly, My mother’s case was approved on April 27. I received an Email from NVC with all the case number and Invoice number, but still waiting for my father’s. Both my parents case was originally sent to Nebraska but when I read the approval notice it is now potomac center.

Same as us, we submitted for both our parents at the beginning of February and our mom was approval a few days ago. We already started the NVC process. But still waiting for our dad approval from USCIS.

Timeline
18 hours ago, ant330ci said:

Same as us, we submitted for both our parents at the beginning of February and our mom was approval a few days ago. We already started the NVC process. But still waiting for our dad approval from USCIS.

Oh nice! We really are in the same situation but I haven’t started the NVC process yet. I’m still waiting for my husband to get back to work since he was furloughed because of Pandemic crisis. Can you please keep us posted?☺️

7 hours ago, Gar9 said:

So fast . You are lucky !

I wasnt checking at all, but then I received the NVC email and It was really a surprise! ☺️

On 2/7/2020 at 10:25 PM, mary_ann said:

Thank you! Yes I submitted scanned naturalization certificate, birth certificate, marriage certificate, etc. it will ask you at the end to upload necessary evidence for your petition.

Yes I did my applications separately, one for each beneficiary. 

I don't know if you could do that or maybe changed now but when my parents were migrated to the US.  My sister filed for both of them in one application.  My mother was the beneficiary and father was also qualify as the husband.  Maybe things changed I would like to know more thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.