IandM1123

Need Advice for Tourist Visa - Philippines

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day everyone! I really need everyone's help here. My mom wanted to apply for tourist visa but here is the situation:

My mom and dad got separated, filed for annulment 2006.

"I think" my dad got married here in the US before the annulment got finalized. (PH is processing this too slow)

My mom was with someone but never got married to this person. Technically she's been single but was still using my dad's last name.

My mom just claimed the finality of their annulment in order for her to change all her IDs and passport BUT she needs to submit this to Philippine Statistics Authority to update her information. This will take 3-5 months.

So my nephew (his mom is my sister) I-130 got approved and he's underage so obviously he needs to travel here with a guardian ASAP. My sister couldn't pick him up due to her busy work schedule. This is why we want to have my mom apply for tourist visa ASAP; she doesn't want to wait for the confirmation from PSA that her status got changed. She will still move forward with her passport with my dad's last name but will bring a copy of finality just to prove that she is no longer married to my dad. Now, the question is, are they going to dig down to my mom's background during her tourist visa interview? I mean is there a red flag here? Should we proceed with our plan? She will be very honest during the interview of course but will need to explain the situation. 

We just don't want our dad to get involve with this because they still hate each other, we don't want my dad's citizenship to be at risk, if any. Probably y'all asking why we can't just petition our mom, I know it will sound weird but our dad is not allowing us to do that. He will disown us if we do that. That is how he hates my mom so much.

Please I would really appreciate your help on this!!

Friends since 2005

Went to HK together, became couple 11/23/2017

NOA 1: JANUARY 25 2018

NOA 2: AUGUST 7 2018

NVC RECEIVED: AUGUST 17 2018

NVC CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED: AUGUST 20 2018

CASE IN TRANSIT: SEPTEMBER 04 2018

CASE READY: SEPTEMBER 05, 2018

MEDICAL: SEPTEMBER 11 & 12, 2018

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 14, 2018 (RESCHEDULED BY USEM DUE TO TYPHOON)

INTERVIEW: SEPTEMBER 18, 2018 APPROVED!!

VISA ISSUED: SEPTEMBER 20, 2018

VISA IN TRANSIT:  SEPTEMBER 24, 2018

VOH: SEPTEMBER 25, 2018

FLIGHT TO THE US: NOVEMBER 14, 2018

WEDDING: JANUARY 23, 2019

Adjustment of Status/EAD/AP

PACKET SENT TO USCIS: March 12, 2019 

RECEIVED DATE: March 14, 2019

NOA 1: March 18, 2019 

BIOMETRICS: May 7, 2019

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Without the issues is it realistic that your Mother would be issued a Tourist Visa?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.